Why do guys keep the topic of "never being kissed" on so long?

I'm 21 and haven't had my 1st kiss yet. When guys ask me how many BF's I have had, I always tell them the truth saying that I haven't had my 1st kiss and therefore, haven't had a BF.

Whenever I tell a guy, he will text me later saying, "So you really haven't had your 1st kiss?" "You're so gorgeous, how is this possible?" "You're such a cool girl." This will be the topic of conversation for like weeks!

I don't understand. Is it really a big deal? Why?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, a lot of guys assume (incorrectly) that every girl who has a decent personality or good looks has been through tons of boyfriends. Believe it or not, a fair number of girls who are seniors in high school, even college grads, who have not been kissed. She could be picky, shy, she could intimidate other men, been busy with other things besides dating, etc. As a guy, we find it hard to believe at times, but a mature man won't hold it against you. As the other poster below said, a lot of them are just incredulous.

What Guys Said 7

• I think they're simply surprised that a very beautiful woman like you HASN'T had a kiss yet. I'm sure surprised lol.

• I don't get why when they text me they bring up the no kiss over and over again.

• the same guys lol?

Me thinks they fishing for a kiss with you lol.

• No the new guys but I do have the old same guys that will text me out of the blue, "been kissed yet?"

• The word that describes these reactions would be "incredulous". They honestly have a hard time believing it could be true. But once that initial surprise wears off they should really drop it and get back to the more important task of convincing you to let them be your first ;)

I personally almost never ask about relationship history. If she thinks it's my business she will tell me, otherwise I'm more concerned about whether or not we have chemistry in the present than who she has been with in the past.

• Basically they're hinting. It is quite surprising to be honest, but whatever.

• They want to kiss you, dude.

• It has been ten minutes... How many private messages on wanting to kiss you have you got?

• It's assumed that every person has had their first kiss by at least 18 if not 16...he probably just figures you've been waiting for the right one (not getting around)

• Maybe he doesn't realize how awkward it seems. It sounds like they're just trying to compliment you (or get a kiss themselves).

What Girls Said 1