How to date a man in his 30's when you are in your 20s?

I am 22, starting to date a man who is 31. He is finishing up a bachelors I Sociology, I am 2 years away from a bachelors of Nutrition.

Everything seems great so far, I just don't know how to go about having a relationship with someone in his 30s, as in, I don't know what things are going to be different from dating a 25 year old man and what to expect.

Most Helpful Girl

• Your difference is 9 years.

I've been dating a man 8 years older than me for 6 1/2 years now.

A age difference is only one if you let it be.

You can choose to let the gap intimidate you...or you can go with the flow of things naturally.

If you two are very compatible you will spend very little time focusing on a number neither of you cannot control, and a lot of time on the great time/conversation you have together.

Dating a man with the age difference (you two have)...is pretty much the same has dating a guy the same age has you.

From what I have found...dating older men doesn't necessarily mean they are mentally more mature (sometimes the person can be a child at heart). And can have a lot to learn about life, has well has yourself. The relationship you two may have...could be a learning experience for the both of you. Embrace it.

• Ty for ba :)

• Sounds like me and my s/o. Already a great start, hope it works out.

What Guys Said 6

• We ancient guys aren't that much different. We just like to tease younger women a lot and insist on music from our era because it was so much better, you know. And if you get out of line, you'll get spanked.

• I like music from that era, so I'm good! As a matter of fact he texted me saying he was listening to Led Zeppelin the other day and thought of me. What a compliment!

• That's not a huge difference at your ages; you're both in the young adult category for most purposes

• You are culturally in the same situation. You are both students. So I can't see any complicating factors here. He's just been around a few years more than you, no biggie.

• I have a friend who is 32. He's a really nice guy with young son. He had made a lot of money of real estate and he met a very attractive 23 year old cuban woman online. He visited her for the past few summers and the plan is to get her to live with him in the United States. As soon as he finishes his accounting degree, he plans to marry her.

• Treat it the same as you would any guy. If anything, things will prob be easier than dating someone your age because guys tend to grow up. They can be huge, huge idiots in late teens/early 20s because I know I was!

• according to me age is not a big issue..only think that is he cares and understands you.

• Like you'd date any other guy really.

Age is sometimes really just a number

What Girls Said 3

• My mom was 26 and my dad 36 when they got married. They met when she was 21, her parents hated him because they found out that he was married before and because of that my mom moved out and moved in with him. At the time he was crashing at his uncle's place. Next Monday would be 29 years of marriage for them. They never fought much and never cheated on each other. Personally I think older men can give a whole lot more insight on life and are not as fussy as the younger ones. I hope this answers your question because he sounds like a great guy with ambition.

• I'm 21 and my Boyfriend is 31. It's the best relationship that I've ever been in. SO much more relaxed than the 20-something guys that I've dated before.

If everything is great... Don't worry about it. I agree with Stacyzee... An age difference is only a difference if you let it be. Age really is just a number in situations like this.

• I was 22 when I started seeing my ex who was 29. The guy you are dating is majoring in sociology though, so you got it easy. I'm assuming here but most sociology majors I know are understanding, open minded, communicative, kind just great down to earth people. When I started dating my ex, things weren't too much different. Less drama. Not as much strange jealousy issues, or any of that mess. Age is just a number though sometimes. But usually the older the guys get the less drama they will give or take.