Your boyfriend or girlfriend didn't answer any of your texts or calls. Has this ever happened to you?

your boyfriend or girlfriend didn't answer any of your texts or calls in like 2 weeks and refused to see you or any of his or her friends and you got so mad or frustrated that you actually wanted to end the relationship but you found out someone close to them or a family relative died, and you felt like sh*t afterward have you ever been in a situation like that?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes I have. I don't even wanna talk about it here.

The lesson learned is, when it comes to texting, don't assume unless you know. And if you know you won't assume. Therefore, never assume. It can only hurt a relationship, never help.

In your case, maybe you had the chance to right the wrongs and say it was all a misunderstanding. I blew that chance and stuck to my guns and insisted the relationship wouldn't work and that even in her difficult situation she should have found a way to let me know about it. Sounds selfish, but there's a grain of truth to it.

I still don't know exactly what happened. That's my regret. Saw the pictures though.

What Guys Said 9

• Not quite, but, if that did happen to me, I'd obviously cut her some slack lol

• Yeah, I gave them a pass. It's only fair.

• No that hasn't happened to me. Seriously, who does that though? You can't text your boyfriend/girlfriend and tell them that a relative passed away? I would want my girlfriend with me because I was sad. I could understand maybe 2 days, but 2 weeks? They had better come up with a good reason why.

• no that has never happen to me exactly...But I have had situations where I reacted the wrong way because she was cold or distant without not knowing what her situation could be at the moment and jumping to conclusions.

That costed me one of the best relationships I ever had :(

• No, but I would let them off the hook for that.

• That happened to me, I ended up turning my phone off at the hospital. I never had a chance to tell her what was going on, so she thinks I'm a jerk. I could of told her later but I didn't care anymore.

• yeah it sucks situations like that but if you don't let the person know how could they know explanation is always nice that way no one takes tit he wrong way

• That's what my ex did apparently.

What stopped you from giving her clue? Is it embarassment? Perhaps she really didn't matter? I'd really like to know...

• After she freeked out about it and said a bunch of stuff I didn't feel like she was worth the effort.

• Even if that kind of situation actually happened, it's not an excuse not to say anything - by doing that they clearly showed that you are unimportant and you don't deserve to know anything.

• No. I'd still end the relationship. Someone close to you dying is NOT an excuse to cut contact with me. If I'm your partner in life, I expect you to want me to be there in times like that. If you don't, then you clearly don't value me. I'm out. Enjoy going to your funerals alone.

I'm sure I sound crass, but people die. It sucks, but you have to deal with it.

• Two f*cking weeks. That's ridiculous.

• Is your sister single?

What Girls Said 1

• Well that's ironic. The exact same happened to me. It was a lot longer than 2 weeks though...and during that time he wasn't communicating with me, he chatted up other girls so I ended up pushing him out of my life for another month or two and the tables turned. Basically the worst two months of my life, but we're good now.

And it isn't your fault since you obviously didn't know.