Guys and girls would you ever date some one who is handicapped?

no particular handicap in mind... just curious... list what handicaps you would and wouldn't like to deal with...no judgement I'm just curious... yes I dated a girl in a wheel chair a few years ago... she is an amazing person...to bad she moved away ...lol...

btw laziness and stupidity is not a handicap...

Most Helpful Girl

• No I wouldn't.

Like maybe I would do dyslexia or something mild because I have a friend who has that.

Other things I wouldn't want I guess. I like strong men.

See, I want to do things that a person in a wheel chair can't easily do. I want to hike and bike and stuff like that. Plus I want to be in bed with somebody who is fully functioning (just like me).

I wouldn't date a blind nor a deaf person.

IMO these people have more in common with others' who have the same handicap.

I knew a man who's wife was in a car accident and then she ended up in a wheel chair--this is a rather different story. Because what can you do if you already fell in love with the person.

• i respect your honesty... we all have different preference... no judgements here I'm just curious... thanks for your answer.

• I agree with This post

I know it can be also viewed as selfish, but I need to be able to work out with a guy do activity that required pyshical needs

What Girls Said 7

• Well someone who doesn't constantly bitch over being and a wheel chair but moves normally and accepts that he maybe might never walk again and just moves on with life, and of course once in a while if he cried about it I wouldn't judge I'd hold him. And yes I need his **** to work ;) Once the person is attractive to me, has a great personality , always goes for what he wants and is honest and faithful. Why not date him?

• why is this downvoted? seems like an honest thoughtful answer...

• I wouldn't date someone with a mental handicap. Well, perhaps something like dyslexia or color blindness but nothing that effects their intelligence. I like smart men. I have absolutely no qualms dating an amputee or someone in a wheelchair or anything like that.

• Well just so much that it doesn't start off as a burden. I'm really not trying to be mean but if you're truly miserable in a relationship then you shouldn't be in one.

If two people are really in love, it doesn't matter if they're handicapped.

• It would depend on a few things, mainly lifestyle.

I wouldn't discriminate based on the handicap but for me to date someone they would have to complement and add to my own lifestyle.

• same as any dating...

• Exactly. Although it seems a lot of people don't understand that.

I keep getting asked out by people with lifestyles are completely opposite to mine. When I say no, I'm a bitch who won't give anyone a chance :)

• it all depends on the handicap. To be honnest id have trouble dating someone with a mental handicap... but a physical one would probably be ok.

• I used to have a huge crush on a man that was deaf, ooooh what a great guy he was.

I, honestly, don't have a lot of contact with people with handicaps. I'm not sure why that is.

So for that reason, the opportunity doesn't present itself as much.

If I did meet a great guy with a handicap, of course I'd date him.

I can't see myself turning down someone simply because of a handicap.

• if he is a real man, I mean a strong, kind, understanding man.

then yes I would.

lets say he couldn't walk in this case.

but its hard to answer this cause I'm not in the situation.

i pick guys based on who they are inside!.

What Guys Said 7

• Depends on the handicap, but ultimately, if I found her sexually desireable and we got along well and my needs were met, yes.

I remember last year at one point, I was walking along the sidewalk, slight up hill. I got passed by a relatively attractive woman about my age in a wheelchair. I noticed she was pretty, and I was noticing - as I tend to with both males and females - how you know, using the manual chair vs a power chair she was slim and in good shape. And as she wheeled away I was watching her grip on the wheels and her arms were really toned you know ...

and I thought damn she must be able to give good handjobs. Strong hands, good endurance ...

I'm assuming lusting for the handicapped is a good thing, right? They can be sexy too?

Hopefully I'm going to heaven for saying this ...

• this is a question that ... I don't even dare to answer lol and something tells me I'm not just speaking for myself here.

• you are probably right... to there is no wrong answer I'm just curious... I have perefrence too... I won't date some one who is a bitch...

• Only 0.4 percent of the population are in wheel chairs and most of those are the elderly. To be frank, I've never really know a girl in my age range in a wheel chair. It's would be highly unlikely on statistics alone. I think I'd want someone that could keep up with my active and adventurous lifestyle, so it would probably cause conflicts.

• it depends. my last girlfriend had a lazy eye, and migraines. I didn't care she was an awesome person underneath it all.

• I had a sort of "friends with benefits" relationship with a girl that was confined to a wheelchair for a number of years. It was mutually beneficial, and we remain friends to this day.

• Seeing how I was born half deaf, therefore, handicapped . . . it would be pretty messed up if I choose not to be with someone simply because they have a handicap. I will say, that if the person is mentally handicapped (before I get to know them) then I won't date them since I won't be attracted to them. Kind of hard to date someone you're not attracted too. However, if a person I was dating became mentally handicap . . . I will definitely try and stick it out for the long haul.

With a handicap like mine, where I am just half deaf . . . no one can tell that I am handicapped until I tell them. Half the time, when I tell someone they don't believe me. At least that's the way it was back in high school. I guess one could argue that being half deaf is to being completely deaf as a person who can't see without glasses is to a person that is just completely blind.

• Depends on what their handicap is.. but honestly probably not.

Unless I felt a huge connection between us, I don't think I could do it.