My girlfirend texting lots of texts with a guy who likes her

Is it OK for your girlfriend to text like 30 messages (or more) with a guy who likes her altough I told her I don't like it

But she flames me for wanting to go on a business trip

what I forgot to mentiion is that we live toghether

Most Helpful Guy

• well what's she say when you tell her you don't like it?

and yeah huge red flag. I just don't see how anyone could text that much.

• they start texting from the start of the day till the end of it

• how long has this been going on? That's not good at all.

What Girls Said 5

• I think you should trust her. I mean if this guy is a good guy friend then I don't see why she can't have a chat with him. Yes he may like her, but that doesn't mean she likes him back. I have guy friends who have liked me, maybe still do IDK, but I'm not going to stop talking to them just because I might have a boyfriend. They're still my friends. If this guy is not a good guy friend, just a random guy, then it can be a red flag.

• How long have they been friends? If it's a long-standing friend, then yeah it makes sense and doesn't have to mean anything. I'm close with guys who like me. It doesn't mean anything's going on or ever will.

If you're really uncomfortable with it though and have expressed this to her, she really should care about that. What did she say when you told her this? If she blew you off completely, that is not okay.

• he is a guy for wich she told me she developed some feelings at one moment but she came back to me...

• I wouldn't be comfortable with that

• If you were friends with a girl and you knew she liked you but you only had platonic feelings for her and continued to text her, would your girlfriend be okay with that?

If the answer is yes, then you don't really have much you can do about it. If the answer is no, then you should talk to her.

In the end, you don't control her. She has every right to talk to whomever she pleases whether or not you like it. She is her own individual, not yours. She makes her own decisions regardless of your opinion on the matter.

You can try expressing your thoughts to her diplomatically, but if you come at her yelling, odds are she'll react defensively and you may break up.

Pick your battles wisely.

• maybe she feels like you have neglected her and you have changed. I am having that same problem with my guy, I am chatting up some other dude because he ignores me

• good for you :)) you should be proud of yourself

What Guys Said 1

• red flag