Guys: would you cuddle with a girl you didn't like?

I have had a crush on my guy friend for awhile. The other night we were all drinking and we decided to crash at my friends place. He asked me if I minded sharing the bed with im, I said no. I ended up cuddling with him but he didn't really cuddle back. I told him before we shared the bed that I cuddle in my sleep and would cuddle with him if he stayed. He said he was fine with that and proceeded to spend the night with me. Then the next day was kinda awkward, all he would is stare at me, even if other people in the room were talking. The thing is he has never had a girlfriend or even kissed a girl. I don't know what I should do or of he even likes me...

Most Helpful Girl

• Regardless of how he acted when you spent the night together or how he was awkward afterward, the facts are this: you told him how he felt and he replied with not wanting a relationship.

If you're OK with that and are just looking to have some fun with him (which I doubt since you have feelings for him), then full speed ahead. If not, let it go and find a guy looking for a relationship.

Take it from a girl who was stupid enough once not to listen: when a says he doesn't want a relationship, it means he doesn't want a relationship. Period.

What Guys Said 10

• ZERO cuddling can still be considered just friendship actually.

Unless you're dying in a blizzard.
    And even then...really?

• Yeah I've done that with girls I didn't want to f***, but they were close friends. Things like holding a girl in my arms on a cold night drunk while waiting for a taxi on a bench, or a bunch of people crashing at someones place for the night and sharing the bed.couch with a female friend an just cuddling. It's an affectionate to do. I wouldn't do it with someone I wasn't OK with. Either she's a close friend or I'm attracted to her. In the past I was pretty close to my female friends. We spent a lot of time together, and watched out for each other when we were partying and sh*t. If one of us went too far we'd take care of each other and stuff. So yeah, it's possible to cuddle with a girl you are just friends with, but from the staring thing you mentioned it seems kind of like he's thinking about that. Sounds like he all the sudden realized you like him and he's like hmm should I get with her? Meh I don't know... He's kind of conflicted I'd guess.

• Um, none. No cuddling for 'just friends'. It's too confusing, and you do make bonds whether they be conscious, or sub-conscious. Sounds like this guy may be a bit confused on his feelings actually. If you have a crush / feelings for him, you should consider telling him. And by 'consider telling him', I mean tell him. Better to be honest now, than question if you should have a year from now.

• Sounds like he is confused maybe? Or really nervous. Try being honest with him and tell him that you are kinda interested in him and you'd like to see if their is anything there. And you would like to see a movie with him. Or something like that. Awkward: yes. Scary: perhaps. But, you won't be left wondering if you should have mentioned something. Best to find out now than question yourself a year from now.

• NIIIICE idea just confront a guy about it with NO experiance behind him.

No no you shouldn't just ASK him, he probably won't give you a real answer as guys we all know that admitting you like a girl is the biggest turn off for some reason.

I have been in this exact position but from the guys perspective, she asked me if I liked her and I said yeh, she ended up offended that I diddnt make a move when we were spending all that time cuddled up at the party!

Seriously WTF

If he's never kissed a girl, never been with a girl and therefore doesn't have a clue what to do around a girl. YOU, yes YOU need to make your move and tell him that your interested. He's most likely sat there thinking the same as you but doesn't know what to do.

• No! It's a fruitless path. Why hurt yourself? Move on! Guys are thickheaded and cannot change easily.

• None?

• Well yeah I have before but we were goood friends.

• no probably not

• yes but only if I want to f*** her

What Girls Said 10

• Yeah... No, he likes you and is really shy and wasn't sure until now if you liked him. TELL HIM!

• If he doesn't have experience with girls, then he probably didn't know that he should cuddle with you back, or how to react period.

-love Sosa

• Scratching my back

• None. I don't cuddle with my friends.

• you should probably just let it go. I agree with the first answer, I've tried to pursue guys who have told me they don't want relationships and it just backfired on me.

So from those experiences I've had, I've learned to just move on to someone who actually wants a relationship instead of wasting my time waiting around for something that might not even happen.

• From that alone can't telling he does
    But shouldn't seem like it

• in my experience they always want more.

• Sort of sounds like he is just thinking about getting laid.

You guys could try dating and see what happens.

• You ask if they would cuddle with a girl they didn't like, but you said yourself "he didn't really cuddle back."

For now I'd assume he doesn't, honestly. Not to say there isn't room there - obviously you wouldn't share a bed with someone you didn't even want to touch - but I wouldn't assume from that that he's interested in being more than friends, yet.

• question is, how drunk was he? does he remember?.
    do you think he likes you at all?
    i don't know maybe you can get a friend to tease you both and call you mr and mrs cuddles, to get the conversation rolling lol