Do guys get turned off/on by the woman they're dating by their FB activity?

Guys, if you are dating or just getting to know a woman, does your interest increase or decline based on their activity on Facebook?

If a woman rarely gets on Facebook, does it make you wonder about her more or make you think she is antisocial?

If a woman posts a bunch of sexy pictures of herself, do you see that as a good or bad thing? or ...

Do you take notice of if she makes frequent status updates and notice if they are positive or negative?

Do you take note of how she interacts with others on there?

I myself very rarely get on Facebook and the guy I am dating is very active on there. All of my pictures are with my fam and friends smiling and having fun (no "mirror" pictures). I have cute pictures of me when I go out, but I don't put them up constantly. There was a time when I added a guy I was dating on FB and I got turned off by the things he said (it was all negative and inappropriate). The guy I am dating now isn't like that but it just makes me curious if he is judging me and if guys are the same way.

BTW: This is in regards to meeting someone outside of FB and adding them later on, not meeting them on FB

Most Helpful Girl

• i have to say from my experience, Facebook can portray a lot about you depending what info you have on there. like I used to be very active on Facebook back in college, and now that I look back I'm embarrassed of the stuff I used to put on there like lame poses, dumb statuses, corny conversations with my ex best friend, I'm not the same anymore, I'm much more sophisticated and classy now and rarely ever put info on my fb. I just put interesting quotes and pictures.

and likewise when I saw my crush's Facebook, I learned a lot about him that I didn't know from getting to know him in person. like I realized how much he parties and what a social life he has all the pics with girls and his huge family, also his rich house and just the spontaneousness. in person I thought he was way more laid back and simple kind of guy. so seeing his Facebook kinda intimidated me because I felt like I wasn't good enough for him, all the grls he took pics with were the hot/party grls and that just wasn't me.

What Guys Said 4

• ON Facebook,you find only negative information about someone, from the romantic point of view. I've never heard it even suggested that Facebook adds to anyone's attractive quality. It takes away the fun from finding out abut the person, and also is full of false or, shall we say, tendentious information.

• I get a little turned off if a woman goes on Facebook obsessively. One girl I was seeing didn't even have a Facebook page! Another girl was on it minutely... I myself am on it quite a bit, but I always post what's on my mind (negative or positive). I HATE people that are constantly positive on Facebook, constantly negative is kinda whack too, but at least with negativity, you know they're being honest. One of my friends on there is a heroin addict, and even though he spends his nights locked up in his apartment, he is still always saying positive things.

So I can't stand it when people go on there seeking attention, and are always cheery. I would rather them be honest than to force a smile.

• If YOU saw a guy acting all playerish, would that change YOUR opinion of him? Of course. It's the same in real life, Facebook, or anywhere else. Everyone judges others. It's natural.

• I no longer do FB but when I did I could tell when people were looking for attention on there. I like low key women, and that's also where I fit in society, so I would hide posts from those flashy people from my news stream. FB is bad for dating.

What Girls Said 3

• I adore this question! Five stars!

I think Facebook has replaced face to face getting to know each other on a deep level. In dating, people are going to someone's Facebook page to get a general representation of who they are instead of calling them on the phone or spending all night with them until 3 a.m. just talking.

I'm sure there are some guys who base your life and personality off of Facebook, but you really shouldn't care because you can't think highly of their intelligence lol Intelligent people realize that you are more than the pictures and statuses you post on Facebook.

• This is actually one of the many reasons I don't do Facebook at all, never have.

Sooo much unnecessary drama, haha!

• Funny you should ask this.

My partner doesn't like me to put certain things on Facebook, he gets very upset about it.

However, there was a period we broke up and I couldn't stop looking at his page, so I asked my friend to change my password, lock me out. I didn't want to see anything anymore.

I went for about a month and a half with no Facebook. And during that time he posted. A lot. A lot of emotional things trying to get rid of his emotion, to let me know how he was feeling, he wondered what the hell had happened to me. He NEVER does that, he is a shy, placid person who doesn't do public emotion/affection. He did other things that I won't go into.

So yes.. I think what you put can effect someone. You're not the only person out there, people do take notice of what their crush is up to on Facebook.

It's why I have twitter. Twitter is intended to be an outlet that people don't really read haha.