Would you date a girl/guy long term that didn't have goals/aspirations?

my boyfriend just admitted to me that he just goes day to day and has no real goals or aspirations in life.would that be a deal breaker for anyone? he also has no job or car at 30 yo .which means I'm going broke paying for everything.

i just want to say everyone here is so right about everything they said.and yes I shouldn't have even give him the time of day but in my defense somethings I learned over the few months we have been together...i already know that things need to be ended and very very soon.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't really care where they are in life as such - we all have bad luck and can hit hard times. I also to an extent can accept that some people aren't clear on what they want to do with their lives. What I can't accept is people who just want to stagnate. If you aren't constantly striving to improve yourself then that's a deal breaker for me.

What Guys Said 6

• I can see somewhat of the day to day living in the sense of it leaving options open for things to do in life. However, not having a job or a car is horrid if he is not trying to get either. He's basically a loser and has no business dating. You'll be stuck paying for everything. He needs to be able to at least chip in.

• I know what you mean.I don't mind paying some of the time but every time for everything is ridiculous.plus he just told me the jobs he has had he was only able to hold forr 2 month each and he claims he doesn't know why he always gets fired.which is pure bullsh*t.

• This is sort of why I held off on dating and tbh I don't want the girl I am dating to be paying for things out of her pocket for me.

• No one in South London have any goals in life, but they're always stabbing each-other with either knives or penises :O

• Nope. No car or job sounds like a bum. I'd be embarrassed.

• yeah I would

• you mean a loser? sure why not but I wouldn't be thinking marriage just sex.

What Girls Said 3

• He's a loser. He didn't become a loser overnight.you should have never gave him the time of day in the first place.but you can always dump him now

• You are absolutely right!

• Nope. They'd just be a drain on me physically, mentally, emotionally and economically.

• nooo