Why do girls feel they deserve to be paid for on the first date, what's wrong with girls paying for themselves?

What's wrong with girls paying for themselves, I don't get how

you (girl) didn't contribute to his earnings but expect to be paid

for theirs no manners which is an insult.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's tradition, like dates dating back since forever have gone that way. Guys are suppose to get flowers, pick up the girl, and pay for the date. It's how you 'woo' her lol. Show her a good time, make her feel special. That's the important part, not how much you paid that night. If you don't think a girl is speical enough to want to treat then why ask her out at all?

That being said I could care less about gender roles, I will pay for myself on a first date (if the guy says that's how it's gonna be) and I pay for my dates with my boyfriend occasionally (I want to treat him too!). But if I have to pay for myself on a first date I will more then likely friend zone him. Because friends split checks.

What Girls Said 5

• It's kind of socially expected for the guy to pay on the first date. It's like, if he's so cheap that he won't even pay for you on your first date, he obviously doesn't care about you because he isn't trying to impress you.

• Well personally I don't think that way. I think the real question here is did you tell her straight up that your not gonna pay? Cause if you don't make things clear most people will simply assume.

now I don't know what kind of girls you normally deal with but if you were straight up with me and said Hey I don't wana pay because I spent most of my money buying my new ps3 and a plasma... Id undestand. As long as you explain why to the girl, (if she's reasonable) she'll get it.

Besides I'm pretty sure you don't wana be stuck with a chick who runs you dry your whole life. Sooooo My advise is choose your partner wisely.

• They spend 3 hours preparing for a date. The meal probably costs less than 20.00 dollars.

When you factor in the clothes she is wearing, the makeup, the clothes and the time she is still in debt after the effort.

• Females are expensive. It costs more to be a female. Did you ever compare the cost of a male sweater to a female sweater? The female sweater is often about 30 -40 dollars more.

Do this: Curl your eye lashes, but mascara and eye liner on, stick in your contacts. Put some blush on lip stick, pluck your eyebrows, shave your bikini line, and your legs. Paint your fingers and your toes. Dry your hair, now use a straight iron, now use a curling iron wait did you put the product in?

• Lets put on an outfit, could have uncomfortable nylons on, yeah they suck.

So, she probably put on her prettiest underwear just in case and she is picking out jewelry after she tried on 5 different outfits. Now what shoes and purse is she gonna bring tonight with her to the date.

• Troll

• if a man ask a women out, he should pay, if she ask him out, she should pay.

so why don't us girls just start asking guys out then telling them, they should pay lol

thats f%^$ up

What Guys Said 2

• LOOK BRO, I donno what the deal is but ill tell you this. Its up to the lady, I've been with women who insist to pay for themselves, and I've been with girls who you know fancy that old fashion nonsense. Every once in a while treat the lady, even if she says she'll pay, its just some gentlemen-like thing to do.

• It's just the right thing to do. If you are going to give them the time of day, at least put it on your dime so you aren't in their debt.