How long should you date someone before getting serious?

Whats a good period of time for dating before you ask the person to date exclusively ?

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on the couple. It depends on how honest you have been with each other and open about each others' feelings and what happens in each others' lives. A relationship is about how much you accept each other for how you are and enjoy it. It's about mutual respect and enjoy just being with each other. We committed exclusively in our relationship after 4 months of knowing each other, because we just couldn't be apart.

What Girls Said 5

• Statistically within 3 months. However, everyone is different. If you are ready to be exclusive, then let her know. Whether it is before your first date or after your 50th. If she isn't ready, she'll let you know. If things are going well but she has reservations or another thought process, she will more likely continue ot date you. If not, she may be immature or have wrong ideas/expectations.

• it really depends on the 2 people.

like for me and my husband we met when we were 10, and we dated when we were 24 so we sort of felt we knew each other and we got serious pretty quick

• I wouldn't go on a date with someone unless I already liked him and he knew me long enough to like me. Dating is exclusive. I believe it to be at least. If a guy kisses me and then another girl tomorrow and then tries to kiss me again I'm refusing it. If a guy is just going to choose me vs another girl then I won't date that sort of guy.

• I go by two dates. One to see if I have an interest, a second to make sure we have a connection. But I wouldn't give him longer than 5 dates to make up his mind.

• A very long time

What Guys Said 2

• Dating, in my perspective, has always been exclusive. I guess it depends on your preference for "dating". If you're talking about friends-with-benefits, one-night-lays, or the like, then I could imagine that your exclusivity would be a lot longer than someone who had love-at-first-sight. For me though, the minute I ask someone to be my girlfriend, I am theirs and equally they are mine. Usually that happens when the time is right, basically, when my gut says that I've discovered enough about her to say that I am happy with who she is and that I could see "us" working for long term. (The latter because I am only about long-term-relationships, everything else is not for me).

~ ArtistBBoy

• a few weeks seems OK. depends on your dynamic though and how often you meet etc.