Do you believe in bad timing?

When dating someone. For example, your ex or a friend. Would you date someone again after years past. And please say an ex is an ex for a reason. I just hate that line and its a lazy easier because people date their exes all the time in the real the real world. That is my perspective. Thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, timing does matter. Time changes both circumstances and people. Sometimes it removes obstacles - jobs, locations, etc. And of course most of us aren't the same person we were years ago. I know I'm not. I've changed so much. Some of us are unrecognizable now. Sometimes there are major problems that are never fixed, but other times people gain perspective or certain things just align better.

An ex is an ex for a reason - but sometimes that we outgrow that reason, or it changes. You're right that exes get back together - sometimes it takes months, sometimes it takes years, but a percentage of those do work out. People are not permanent - breakups should not be either.

• Yeah, I just hate when people say "an ex is an ex for a reason" because that is not reality for most people. Some people can not help who they love. Some people write "ex is an for a reason" quote as if its a 1,2,3 thing and its over...not always! I know a couple who married each other 3 times and got divorced 3 times...lol This world is crazy at times. Its nothing wrong with getting back with an ex unless they are extremely abusive in some type a way. Everyone have their own reasons.

What Guys Said 2

• Timing is certainly a factor in relationships. If it was just a bad time for someone they wouldn't work out with anyone. If you two had a good run and you want to give it another go, why not? It can't hurt anything other than waste a little bit of time.

• I'm the master of bad timing, and I consider all the women I share history with different persons than they were when we were in each others' lives. I look back at what it was, and yeah I miss some of that, but I understand our lives have changed so much and what we had is not possible anymore. I see who they are now, and no way would I want to date any of the women I have.

What Girls Said 2

• i definitely believe in bad timing. if you can make it work, make it work!

i have known MANY people who have gotten back together with their exes and made it work (some even a few times!)

• I feel like timing is definitely a big problem. I got along perfectly with my ex and we were attracted to each other. I don't think he ever healed from his last relationships. I wish I had met him later after he had dated a few more women :(