Curious: How much of an age gap would you have between you and your dating partner?

I think about this a lot and a while ago I was approached by someone who was 12 years older than me. My parents are about 24 years older than me...so in some ways, I found this a little odd. So, I'm curious as to the age gap you would have with your dating partner.

• 0-1 year
  • 1-5 years
  • 5-10 years
  • 10+
wow. I see. I think I have always had a 5-10 years...so the 12 was definitely pushing it for me but he was so sweeeet! Very cute and he looked quite young for his age. He has this whole nervous thing going on and that's just really cute. I like guys who are a little shy and nervous. I makes me less nervous for one, but also. . .it just means to say he's a little less overly confident. Anyway, I'm grateful for the answers :). It gave me some insight.

Most Helpful Guy

• think ideally you want there to be somewhat of an age gap , guys usually go for girls that are younger than them . however you don't want it to be huge . like if your 30 you shouldn't be looking for dates at the high school but if your looking for dates at the college that should be cool

What Guys Said 5

• I can put up with a girl who is say even 7-8 years younger and the same goes for a women more than my age. Honestly, when it comes to someone older I guess it's the mental frequency, maturity that matters the most to me...

• I don't really care about the age gap. The age itself matters though. Generally don't like dating anyone younger than 20-22 or so. Basically toward the end of their college years. So many people go through many changes between their high school and college years that it's such a strain. And most truly are immature until the end of college. Maybe not even then. I hate immaturity and weakness. At least in the ways I've seen. A little immaturity can be fun and fine, but the ways I've seen? Meh...

• as long as she's legal (17 and up) then she's fine, however I typically try to stay away from under 21, seeing as how I'm 23 and don't want to get caught distributing alcohol to minors (bad past)

• My girlfriend is 15 years younger then me.

• It's sorta like that guy with me- him being 12 years older than me. t was only weird for me because I didn't know how to tell my parents...and ended up not telling them. I haven't seen him ever again.

• I'm 22, and I'd prefer dating someone 20-24 so + or - 2 years. I'll go younger (down to 18) but not really older than 24. The closer to my age, the better though.

What Girls Said 7

• How much of an age gap would you have between you and your dating partner?

A few months older than me and 3 years younger than me.

• I like a guy around my age. Too old and I start to feel very young and innocent. Too young and I start to feel like a babysitter.

• Guy I am talking to is three years older than me, which I find perfect for my liking. I would honestly date him if there was a bigger age difference just because the chemistry is just there :)

• I have always dated guys older than me. But the guy that I am currently with is 5 years older. I'm 20 and he is 25.

• No more than 6 .

-love Sosa

• usually 1-5 but atm 5-10 fits it.

• Well I'm 23 and my boyfriend is 35. It's the biggest age gap I've ever had. Generally I go for guys 5 - 8 years older thn me. When he first told me his age, I thought he was too old for me but gave him a chance anyways and now I'm happy I did.