Confused about a girl's reply after being told I liked her and wanted to date?

Hey just looking for some peoples opinion's. I met this girl at work and for a long time we barely spoke. Recently had time alone with her to chat and we seemed to gravitate towards each other both enjoying conversation, similar interests as well as a little subtle flirting and some what personal. Unfortunately we work on different shifts and an arranged lunch didn't happen due to that. Then she ended up in hospital sick and texted me a lot the following day sending me pics of tattoos showing a lot of skin in generally covered up areas as well as very detailed private doctors letter amongst sharing problems on her mind. I decided to tell her to a degree how amazing I thought she was and that I liked her and would like to date her. Her reply was rather confusing though as it appeared she was not expecting it which I understand and I was quite forward with her. She did not indicate one way or another how she felt about it other than saying. Ahh sh*t I don't know what to say to that... :-/ anyone one have an idea what she may be thinking. It wasn't a yes, nor was it a clear sign she didn't want to or see me that way. Just a sense of shock and that she might be thinking about it. Any ideas?

Most Helpful Girl

• maybe she is unsure because you to work together.

What Girls Said 1

• I would never reply to someone in that way.. anyways.. if I really liked the guy.. I would never say that.. I would say "sounds good" or something like that.

It doesn't sound like she is interested sorry.. move on.

What Guys Said 1

• i don't know what was going on with her , I'm not sure she was interested or expected you to say that . I wonder if you came on too strong and now can't back down from your original statement . but I don't get the feeling she is looking for a relationship at this time so I think you should give her some space