Is it pathetic to date a younger guy?

I'm 22, turning 23 in April. And he just turned 21 in September. Is it pathetic if I dated someone that much younger than me?

Most Helpful Guy

• That's not even an age difference. It's not like it's even close to a generation gap or anything.

As you get older, you realize that age differences mean less and less.

39 y/o with a 35 y/o - doesn't matter

34 y/o with a 30 y/o - really close in maturity/experience

27 y/o with a 23 y/o - Still rather large gap in experience/maturity, but probably close in personality

22 y/o with a 18 y/o - This kind of gap was too big for me at that age. Maturity difference too large.

17 y/o with a 13 y/o - yikes! cradle robber!

What Guys Said 5

• LOL, no it is not pathetic! Who told ya that? As long as he's legal age you're fine to date who you want lol.

• No, it's not. My grandmother was two years older than my grandfather and I have a good friend whose wife is two years older than he is.

• no of course not, I like a lot of older girls mostly because they aren't immature and don't only date by looks

• That is not really that much younger I'd date a girl with that age difference

• I feel like it's more acceptable for guys to date younger girls than it is for girls to date younger guys though.

• Well I'm 23 I'd date a 25 year old

• Not at all. If you like him then go for it.

What Girls Said 2

• It does feel kinda weird being a girl and dating someone that's younger than you, even its just a year or 2. But you know what? you'll get used it nd you''ll start to not mind that he's younger than you.

• I hope not because I'm in the same boat as you are and I love my boyfriend. Even if he's 2.5 years younger than me.