Is it weird to use dating sites to find someone to date?

I've always believed that using dating sites is for losers and people who are just afraid to talk to others in person? Recently I've learned that one of my friends is using one and is having more success that his usual. He uses the site mostly to get one night stand and it works. What do you think about people who use dating sites?

Most Helpful Girl

• no I think theyre perfect! they are fun because you get to try out tons of different personalities without a huge commitment, because its not like you know them in real life and have to see them everyday...if you don't like someone then you can easily click the red X and go on with the rest of your day. Plus your focusing on communication rather than just being physical.. I would defiantly try it out justt for fun. and you don't even have to tell anyone! it can be your secret..you don't have to share everything with everyone..i say try it out just so you can have a little fun without making it public. and then if you end up meeting someone..then you'll know it was all worth it! I say go for it! its not dorky or stupid because there are some people your meant to meet and if you don't try it, you'll never know if you couldve met the one :)

What Girls Said 3

• I've used it a couple times. It was convenient and, admittedly, pretty easy to find a guy who shared my interests. But in the end, I couldn't go through with it because I felt it killed the romance.

For one night stands, on the other hand, they are pretty effective. Just be safe about it.

• Not really for 'losers' per say but more for busy people. Today not may people have time to hit the bars and the clubs or where ever they go to pick up dates on the regular. So online dating is convenient to them. I think they are a great way to help people connect across the world but it can also be dangerous since you might never know if the girl you're into is a guy or an elderly person with issues.

• It's pretty cool, if you're being smart about it.

What Guys Said 2

• People in my position often have to use dating sites to find someone to date. The problem with my position is that we are busy and we see the same people all the time for each semester. And often times the girls that we do run into have boyfriends or are completely uninterested in a relationship. Using online dating sites allows you to connect to a lot more women easily that are interested in the same things that you are. If you are willing to use a legitimate dating site it will work well for you and you will find someone to, at the very least, talk to.

• it's weirder to use dating sites to NOT find someone to date...