Damn it, do you think there is a chance he likes me?

I have a close guy friend. We tell each other everything, even embarrassing things. We are touchy, we are always hugging or hitting one another. We even bite each other. We go on walks a lot. We like to watch movies and cuddle up together. We spend the night at each others places. We made out once. We kissed another time. But most of the time he just puts his forehead against mine and looks into my eyes or swishes his nose against mine. You probably think my question is stupid... but I guess it's just he's never said he does. He tells me that I'm beautiful, he tell me I'm amazing, he says he'd never hurt me... He tells me that he loves me... but I'm sure he means as a friend. He kisses my cheek or my neck when we say goodbye... but other times he fist pounds me? He's never said anything about how he feels about me... Of course I haven't said anything to him either. The thing is he is an amazing person. Not only is he my favorite person to spend time with but he is also ridiculously attractive. a solid 9.9 out of 10. See, I'm not ugly but I am no model... I must be enjoyable to be around as I have never had any problems making friends... I don't even have to try. But I still feel that he is WAY out of my league and that there must be some other explanation for these seemingly couple like experiences between us.

Things went well. Oh so well. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I can say from personal experience that being attracted to a friend that you spend a lot of time with and are close with can be incredibly confusing for a guy, especially if you don't know whether or not you want to try for a relationship. The last thing he wants is to lose you as a friend but at the same time he wants you in more ways than just a friend, as evidenced by the kissing and the compliments (compliments are not the strongest evidence, I call friends of mine beautiful if I have no intentions to them, but I certainly wouldn't kiss them). He definitely sounds like he likes you and if you like him maybe try and move towards a relationship if you want it. Best friends like you two often make the best couples as you trust each other and are not afraid to tell each other everything and the last thing you want is to lose each other.

If you look like a couple and sound like a couple, then odds are you are either close to being a couple or are one. It clearly seems that he doesn't care what league you are in, your friendship has bridged the gap between what you perceive as different leagues.

I say he likes you and you clearly like him because you are asking about it so I say go for it. You have already been sliding into relationship stuff, just let yourself fall into it. Next time you say good bye just give him the biggest kiss you can and he will get the message I think.

• haha I'll give it a go.

• Because he is just as worried about it as you are

• potential. This is such a nice website. :)

What Guys Said 6

• I have to agree with marsh.

Some behavior, like complimenting one another & hanging out, can really just be about friendship. But given that you two have kissed and made out, it can't be taken out of context. It really seems that you two have a strong relationship. Even if you haven't defined it as such, you're still (as marsh said) looking and sounding like a couple.

As far as getting your message across... the best thing you can do is to actually talk to him. As you've said, you two have already kissed but that hasn't made things official. Funnily enough, a guy and a girl will keep doing this coy dance thinking of the most ridiculous and complicated methods of testing "does he or she like me?" By far the most simple route is to just use your words. Its easier - as opposed to spending weeks/months/years wondering how he feels - its quick - again... weeks/months/years - and its very direct.

Oftentimes the reason we avoid "the talk" is because it feels like a very all or nothing moment. You're probably afraid of risking your friendship with him. In my own experience, when you have strong feelings or a love connection with a friend, they will not go away if you keep spending time together. You are constantly reminded of why you're attracted to them, and why you would work so well together. It would be painful and cruel (in my opinion) to deny yourself an opportunity for a beautiful & possibly permanent relationship.

Looks are important for two things. The first is initially attracting a partner. But it seems fairly obvious that you two are past that. The second is for your own confidence. Being confident makes you feel a million percent (I broke mathematical law just to make my point) better in a million different ways. One of them is that you can look at yourself and realize that you are attractive. I know that sounds cheesy... and honestly it probably is. But it's also true. You don't have to be a model to be beautiful. As a guy, I'm actually LESS attracted to that "done up" look. It seems fake to me. I have a slightly crooked nose, big lips, and I take terrible pictures. But I can still look at myself in the mirror (at least... after I've had a chance to wake up, lol) and know I look handsome. Anyone can be attractive if they project it from themselves.

Best wishes.

• Solid advice Bro, It's just kinda like... I don't know how to bring it up to him. Probably because I'm a 20 year old noob who has never been in a relationship :P He, however, is 22 and rather experienced with women.

• Most of the time we spend together is just the two of us. So nervous. >.<

• That's perfectly normal =)

• 2 things could be happening. Your feelings are bleeding over to how you perceive him. Which in that perspective makes it VERY hard to tell you. It depends on how much time he spends with you. Does he have a girlfriend? Does he have a girl he is chasing after? Is he always around when you need him?how often in a week do you guys hang out? neck kiss Vs fist bumps are circumstantial. he might fist bump you to prevent you from thinking what you currently are lol. And he might be afraid to ruin the seeming "good" relationship you two already have.

• He talks to me literally every day. We probably are together 6 out of 7 days of the week. He does not have a girlfriend. He'll flirt with girls, but he'll never go after any of them, even if they beg him to take them home... he never does. He claims that he is going to "die alone" & tells me that "he doesn't deserve love." There has never been a time in our friendship when he wasn't there for me, he's always there. Be it a drunk guy screaming at me or when my grandfather died.

• I swear if I missed a few details in your story, I would think you were my best friend! We just made out for the first time last weekend and now I have no idea if we are just friends, or scared of calling ourselves a couple. Why don't we just go after the ones we love and are comfortable around?

• Glad to know other people are in the same boat as me. xD

• Yes, he really likes you. MOST guys don't kiss just anyone for goddbyes. Tell him your feelings about him, and be honest.

• Then he more than likely likes you. But he is afraid that if he tells you how he feels you will give him the dreaded "I like you but not in that way" which would then jeopardize your friendship. So like Marshnewb said. You should probably start to hint to him that you feel the same way.

• I think there is a really good chance he does like you. you should go out with him

What Girls Said 1

• Oh girl, he def likes u. He may already consider you his girl. This is exactly how me & my hubby wound up together, & we've been married for 12 years <3...We are best friends & share everything. The only way he's going to know how you feel about him is if you tell him. If he's not assertive, then this could b the reason he hadn't made the first move, because of fear of rejection & potentially losing u. Don't feel like he's out of your league----he's spending a lot if time with you right? Had hr brought you around friends/family? Does he treat you any different when around them? If not, I'd not Este another minute in letting him know your feelings...waiting to long & he might feel like he's friends zoned or best friends with benefits (even though no sex is involved). & that might lead him to sell a relationship with another girl...I have to say it this way...but, sh*t or get off the pot...sorry for being brash! But you might lose a good thing if you wait too long.

Just let him know your feelings & he'll open up & tell you his...just ensure him no mutter what his answer is you'll always be his baby & u'll respect his boundaries...good luck & keep us posted ;)

• yeah going to do it today... *gulps* I hope everything works out >.< I have already put this off long enough... It's been four days since our last kiss. A little less then two weeks since we made out... (which was not a gross slobbery sexual thing... It was for lack of a better word... perfect) I have met most of his friends and I know he's talked to his mom about me, but I haven't met her yet... considering she lives 7 hours away... He hasn't seen his mom since he met me 3 months ago.