Date a religous girl or not? What should I do?

Please hear me out! I admire a girl right now because she is not only very pretty but kind at heart. She makes me smile and I can only imagine how great it would be to call her my girlfriend. I have never really felt stronger about any other girl. She makes me happy whenever I'm with her BUT right now I'm in a tough spot deciding whether or not to ask her out. She goes to church every Sunday and even teaches Sunday school, which I think is great but makes me concerned. Don't get me wrong, I totally believe in Christ and call myself a christian, but just like everyone else, no one is perfect and we all sin. That's not to say that it makes it OK to just have sex but I think it is important part of a relationship. I am still a virgin but honestly feel like if I have strong feelings for her than I should communicate that with her and see how she feels. If she still wants to wait, then I'm not so sure I would continue since marriage could be 5, 6, or even 8 years from now. And who knows if they will still be interested in you or if your even still together. But the difference is that I wouldn't just have sex with anyone. I don't believe in one-night-stands or hook-ups because I want to feel like I really love them and they feel the same way back. So not unless I had feelings for them would I peruse them further. And I would be willing to take things slow, but for numerous years would be hard especially if I loved her a lot. But would it be easy and worth it trying to let her know that it's OK to experience new things? It's pretty obvious that I have given it a lot of thought and that she is definitely someone I can see myself with but...idk it's hard! Another thing is that I am a freshman in college and she is a senior in high school so would distance be an issue even tho I feel so strongly about her? She does seem to be a bit adventurous but what about when it comes to sex? How can I explain to her my true feelings and hope she feels the same way? Overall does dating and wanting a passionate relationship seem like it would work? (Should I go for it?)

Most Helpful Girl

• Ummm if you really do have strong feelings for this girl keep talking to her and get to know her better and see what she is like exactly...after a while try to discuss such an issue in front of her and see what her point of view would be...don't pressure her to do anything she doesn't want to,and respect her opinions on things and preferences and religious beliefs...I think its really nice that you don't believe in one night stands,I respect you for that...but I believe that true love has nothing to do with s** ..I believe if you truly love somebody you would wait not only years,but a whole life time just to be with him/her...these are all my opinions,so if you really feel like you are inlove with her then be loyal to her and sincere ...if you only "want" to fall inlove with her inorder to have s** with somebody your inlove with then I do not think this is the right one for u...gdluck :)

What Girls Said 3

• Give it a shot. She may or may not feel the same way as you do. You won't know until you are closer and have been together for a little while and have that conversation. Just don't start talking about marriage with her from the get-go. Most girls don't take that very well.

• well, you won't know till you ask her. talk to her for a while and ask her how you feel about sex b4 marriage and let her answer guide your decision

• as long as she's a good person

What Guys Said 1

• Eight years? LOL you're killing me man. You are getting to far ahead of yourself bro. Lets see if you can get one date with her first man. Depending on how serious she is about what she says she believes will determine how far she's willing to go. You wouldn't have this conversation with her for at least 6-9 months into the relationship anyway. Distance? How far of a distance? As a christian the more passionate you are...the harder the relationship becomes. I would say, if you both want to be virgins like God wants on your wedding day, then no, it won't work. Right now you need to see if she'll talk to you! Best case scenerio, you date...fall in love, and are married in 1.5- 2 yrs. 5-8 years would be impossible,even for the most devout christian couple!1