Dating a smart girl with high GPA, when I'm average??

I feel like crap this girl that likes me is so smart involved in all these groups and I'm involved in nothing and my gpa is only 2.0 and she is 3.5 or higher because she's on dean of students list. How can I overcome my insecurities? Granted my gpa could of been higher had I not partied so much and actually applied myself.

Most Helpful Girl

• Is she the one making you feel like crap? Rubbing the fact that she has a higher gpa and thus is much smarter than you?

If she is, dump her. You don't need someone to make you feel worthless. Actually people get into relationship and it usually boosts their self esteem.

If she is not, then stop making a big deal out of it. If she's with you, she obviously saw something in you that is great and that you fail to see in yourself.

Besides gpa doesn't say a lot about one's smart, it says more about one's capacity to be studious.

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Girls Said 5

• Dude she is dating you not your GPA. But it sounds like she's making you realize a few things about yourself, if you want to change, be more studious/apply yourself you should, but she isn't going to dump you because you're not on the deans list, and you shouldn't break up just cause you feel insecure.

• 3.0 are easy! (typically speaking) you just didn't apply yourself, I'm sure your smart as much as she is just not on paper is all

• she likes you, who about that

• You're below average

Way below

But opposite do attract

You never know

• I have been in a similar situation, me with the high gpa my boyfriend with the not-so-stellar grades. To me if you were seriously trying and doing the best you could that would be more attractive than you partying your grades away. Like my boyfriend is not good at English/history, his spelling is awful and honestly I think he might be an undiagnosed dyslexic. But he tries hard and is good at his major and his math/science classes and takes himself and his future seriously, which is important to me more than he gpa. I don't know a lot about the girl you're with but different girls are going to value different things. Maybe she's okay with it. Or I'm hoping she's not the one that is making you feel crappy about your performance. although, if she's making you want to try harder to excell in school I'm not sure how that's a bad thing?

What Guys Said 4

• Start applying yourself. You'll feel better about yourself, and there's no better way to deal with insecurities than to face them head on, instead of trying to sweep them under the carpet. More time spent on your homework, in the lab, library and Wikipedia, less time out partying.

• GPA has NOTHING to do with intellect and intelligence. I am more than likely one of the smartest people out of all I know, not being cocky, its just facts. But I only got a 1.3gpa in high school. Its not that I was dumb, I was just depressed, and busy work was not the way I learned. But now I'm in college and have a 3.7.

If you feel you need to smarten up, read a book, read an article, be involved in current affairs and events, and try to gain some knowledge. These things came naturally to me, and now I can't stand dumb girls.

• LOL!

• Your insecurities are well founded. Women don't like dumb men, and having low grades is seen as being dumb. If you are like most guys with bad grades you are most likely intelligent, but with low grades and not in any academic honor societies, smart girls will see you as dumb. Just the way it is.