I have narcolepsy. If you knew that about me would you automatically think I'm weird and not want to date me?

I am 20 and in college. I'm blond, 5'4, 120 lbs. and if I didn't tell you, you would never know that I have Narcolepsy. It's not like I fall asleep all the time but I just get tired more easily, need more sleep and have to take medicine a couple times a day.

Most Helpful Guy

• I dated a girl with that for four months. We didn't end up becoming long-term, but it wasn't because of that. She'd often fall asleep resting on me in the restaurants. It was really cute. I'm kind of a cuddle lover myself, so I don't mind if a girl gets tired. The girl I dated that had Narcolepsy was really rather cool overall, I just had to take into account that sometimes she'd need to take a rest.

What Guys Said 4

• My sister has narcolepsy. I know it's not at all what they make it to be like in the movies. I wouldn't think you were weird, but if you were as bad as my sister I'm not sure I would be able to enter into a long term relationship with you because she is not capable of being independent, and I don't think I could be with a woman who I would have to support. If you're not as bad as she is, though, then I would be perfectly fine with it.

• No I'm not that bad. I got diagnosed when I was 8 so I have adjusted a lot. I am in college 3.5 hours away from home and I am perfectly fine living alone in a dorm.

• I'd let you fall asleep on me. :-D

Seriously though, I don't think anybody minds that at all. You should try sleep apnea. You get boots thrown at your head when you're in the army. :-)

• that wouldn't make a difference to me I would just be worried about you is all :)

• You just put on a weird-sounding label on it but such thing itself is way more common and widespread you want to think.

What Girls Said 0