My friend is on my case about me dating an "older guy"..

So I recently moved to the city where I started dating this guy. My friend met him and is on always on my case about how I am to young for him and I need to be with someone my own age because we are in to different places. Well for starters I am 23 and I am dating a guy who is 27.

I work full time as a registered nurse and he is in the army. My friend is 25 and thinks that he is to old for me.

I don't see a problem. How do I get her off my case?

Most Helpful Guy

• Tell her to kiss your ass. If you're happy and he's happy, who the heck is she to judge? Oh yeah. My Dad was that age when he married my Mom. She was your age. They're still together almost 50 years later.

• Honestly! I don't even see it as a problem..maybe 23 and 47. I live with her so its tough sometimes.

• You're right. you're only a few years younger than him. That's NOT a big difference.

Tell her I'm 40 and my last girlfriend is about to turn 22. It wasn't a permanent thing, but it was a heck of a lot of fun for both of us. Heck, half of the fun was pissing off the little old ladies when she'd kiss me and they'd realize she was my girlfriend and not my daughter. >:-) We got more than a few glares of righteous indignation, but that was their problem, not ours.

What Guys Said 2

• 23 vs. 27 is nothing.

You're working full time and in mid 20's, so is he.

My guess is your friend is bitter that guys her age and older are going for girls younger then her.

• Depends on maturity levels respectively, but if you and your fella are around the same level then tell your friend to kiss your ass, both cheeks and not forget to lick the crack. You're both consenting adults and the age difference wouldn't make most people bat an eye.

What Girls Said 2

• i love guys who are 4 years older then me. I think that's a perfect age's difference.

i've never had this problem but I think she should meet him or something. maybe she thinks its like I was a freshman and he was a senior sort of thing

• Tell her it is none of her concern who you're dating and how old he is and that you don't want to her from her about this anymore.