What are some reasons you wouldn't ask a girl you like on a date?

what are some possible reasons he wouldn't ask me on a date. He claims to like me but avoids dates or even casual hangouts with me.. :( I'm kind of offended but he constantly says how much he likes me through texts.

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't worry, I will answer your question directly, but first off, I don't think this is a problem with you. This guy just seems really shy and doesn't have the balls or the know how to ask you out. Simple as that. That being said some reason I might not ask a girl out whom I originally had a crush on are as follows.

1. She has too much involvement with her ex(s)

2. Has had a change in her schedule that makes her too busy for a relationship

3. I've become to busy for a relationship.

4. Learned that she her morals don't fit my wants (aka, finding out she just hooked up with 3 guys over the weekend).

5. Found out she has some sort of serious mental problem

6. Found out she has serious daddy issues (see #5)

7. Found out she's a bitch. Absolutely cannot stand a girl who bitches, moans, complains, and gets upset over just about everything.

• im guessing its #3 for him :/ but I like him so much I don't want to forget about him just because he's always busy

• I've learned the hard way that if at any point you feel like your pulling teeth, just walk away. Dating should never feel like you are begging someone to date you. The problem is our emotions and egos won't let us accept defeat, especially men. We would hold on to every sliver of hope and think that playing our cards right we can win them over, because it happens in the movies. This rarely happens in real life. Best to move on to a fish who will take your bait on the first cast of your line.

• Yes! Thank you!:)

What Guys Said 14

• 1. You are so beautiful I can't possible imagine she would actually say yes and go out with me.

2. He is fishing with his texts and you don't take the bait. He tells you how much he likes you and you text back thanks, you're so sweet.

Guys don't take subtle hints, strong hints, obvious hints. You have to tell us what you want. Next time he texts that flat out ask if he is asking you out in his own way. Be direct and ask him instead of a bunch of other guys that would be happy to ask you out.

• Such secret admiration can be driven by several things - you be the judge, as you have more history & clues than I ...

TOO SHY, fear of rejection (do something about this)

HAS A JEALOUS GF, fear of consequences (confront her)

BUDDIES TALK TRASH ABOUT YOU, fear of losing friends (find out who/what, punch them out)

TOO TEMPTED SEXUALLY, fear of sexual consequences (lay down some ground rules/limits)

NOT CONFIDENT, fear your friends will mock him (have your friends praise him)

• guys have situation and periods when they get into a fix and tend to move faster than they want and there trying to please so many at once maybe for business for his future and some like help some will hide it so if they mess up you will never know.error is around every corner and you may be the most important thing to him..its a guy thing XD

• She thinks I'm ugly so why would I bother. Sigh.

• he just sounds shy. you should take the lead and push it. make him come out, and then find a time to just kiss him. Don't wait...he will come around but it sounds like he is shy. Guys these days especially younger ones are scared to make the first move because if they get rejected the girl will think they are too forward and be scared. so if they like you they might be scared of that happening.

• thank you, but I'm shy too lol I'm nervous because I never asked a guy out. what should I say?

• you guys don't ever hang out yet? hmmm...meet up at a party would be the best move I think. or one night you guys are both texting, be like I'm bored come pick me up lets go drive around.

• too unstable, constant and way too much worrying, extremely insecure that she always and really pulling herself down,pessimist type

• Either shy...Or he is talking crap into your ears..

Next time he says he likes.. Tell him " well let go out and chat instead of txting"

If he doesn't say yes.. Ignore him.. There is no reason he wouldn't say yes . if you was telling you

the truth.

• Is he with someone else?

Lots of folks are good at expressing themselves with keystrokes but fall flat when they're face to face.

Have you met in real life? He might be way different from what he portrays.

• yes we used to have class together but haven't seen each other since last year

• If I didn't know how she felt about me, I'd be hesitant to ask her out.

• hes probably shy or trying to get his stuff together

• Too scared. If I don't go out with her I can't f*** it up.

• Rejection hurts a lot, especially when many girls are very vicious about it. After a while, sometimes we just want to save what little pride we have left. You'd be surprised how many men are out there that have never had success with women and instead of trying to continually put your face down the barrel of the gun, just choose to walk off the battlefield and not ask anyone out any longer, unless the girl asks first or shows extreme signs of interest.

• that would be me. I never dated except once when it was her that made me go with her lol. I never even told/wrote her we'd drink coffee or something together xD If that is dating :p I had a lot of fun but in the end I screwed up lol. I still don't know if to write her or not, or if she's offended or something.

I wouldn't if I was unsure what to do. If to do something. And if, then what. I told her many times but I never invited her to anything xD Fail I know

• He probably means like as in a friend.

What Girls Said 1

• He's probably just shy. Guys are afraid of being rejected. Another good reason is he wants to be the hard to get type of guy. I'd suggest you ask him out that's what I did! You shouldn't be offended.

Good luck!

• how did it work out for you?

• Guys are afraid of being rejected : Just get rejectetd damn it ;P