Is this manipulation?

I wa stalking online to a guy I know from way back and he had asked if ages ago if I want to meet up again now that we are both living in the same area again. However he did nothing to follow through on this and I don't want to chase him as its been almost 2 years since I last saw him and he wasn't being very good to me then i.e. standing me up and not paying me much attention and generally treating me like sh*t. Anyway we were talking about how I was quite broke last month and I said oh but I'm OK now and he said oh play your cards right and I might take you for dinner. I laughed at this as he has never treated me like that before i.e. taken me out on a proper date etc. I said no you wouldn't do that because you never have before and you've ignored me and stood me up in the past. And he said then well I wanted to take you out for dinner but now you're just going to give out to me...how manipulative is that? I stopped talking to him after that I felt it was very manipulative what do you think?

*talking not stalking haha

Most Helpful Guy

• it was by :

first ignoring

"play your cards" ?!, as if you were begging him lol, so he was suggesting he was gonna save you and you should behave, not him ... this is insulting really, all of a sudden wanted to take you ... and now he's making you the "badguy". My father is a manipulator, but this thing is outrageous, He deserved a punch in the face or a kick in the lls :p

Ive had some manipulative encounters with a family, how they tried twisting all around ... I looked as if I was stupid and don't know what's going on, just ignore this guy. Worst kind ever.

• Ugh I know and when I had the balls to say he hadn't been nice in the past he was like well no dinner for you well I don't need scraps from your table thanks :P

• I hate manipulation, but did he think you are stupid because it works on others ...I just love how they try putting what they do - their bad side - off themselves onto the unexpecting person. They want you to feel bad unless you do what they want. It is outrageous really because it is provocative beyond some "lies" that someone spits in the face. This is rather rare to me but when that happens I see no use of ever communicating with that misguided being.

What Guys Said 4

• Yeah that is manipulative. Big time. Glad you didn't fall for it.

• Sounds pretty manipulative to me. You're better off staying away from this one.

• "Play your cards right, and I might take you to dinner?", this guy needs some new lines. You can tell he's been reading pickup artist books (from the 1980's) with those lines. Hahaha

• Maybe but he just seems like a jerkoff

What Girls Said 1

• you should just talk to him.

• I was talking to him but then he started being a jerk and when I called him out on it he was trying to manipulate me ugh