Is it embarrassing to be young and on a dating site?

I've been wanting a relationship for a while now and I've had an account on a few college dating sites. In the last 3-5 years most of the girls who are attracted to me, I don't find attractive and the rest are usually flirts. I dated a girl who had us introduced in our church last year, which ended badly because she's immature, shallow and young, so I have to see her every Sunday. I'm at a point in my life now where I think it'd be good for me, so I've looked into some other dating sites. I've found several women/ladies I'd like to date but I don't know if it's embarrassing to be on there. There's one girl I've seen on a few sites who I'm debating emailing on fb because she has "contact me if you'd like to talk, my name is so and so" on her about me section. I've emailed her a few times on the site but I'm not sure she gets on a lot and I definitely don't want to send the wrong impression. I'm tired of being alone and single. I hate being by myself all the time.

Most Helpful Guy

• First off, DON'T email through FB in regards to the dating site. That's just creepy.

Second off, the only way someone will "catch you" on a dating site is if they are browsing it themself so who cares? It's actually pretty common to be on a dating site now. Personally, I only recommend free ones because the pay ones can get pretty sketchy will free members on them who cannot email back. It's free to have a profile on a pay site but not free to email so you'd end up emailing free members who can't message you.

Just use the free sites, make sure your profile is well written with good photos and if you message a girl, make it a well written message but nothing over-the-top. If messaging goes well, keep it simple and arrange for a meet fairly quickly. If she declines meeting up, stop messaging her and move onto the next. Many girls should not have a profile on the dating sites as they just want to message and never meet up. Don't bother getting hung up on the girls who just want attention over the internet.

What Girls Said 2

• I was the same way. I was tired of being single so I did online dating. I personally hate it but its not embarrassing because a lot of people are doing it. But for me, it was embarrassing so I deleted my account. If you're going to have all these doubts then you shouldn't be on it. If you meet someone on it, be prepared for people to ask how you met and if you don't feel comfortable saying it then get off it.

• no but you're wasting your time

What Guys Said 3

• I wouldn't bother with online dating if I were you. Women there do a lot of "window-shopping". If you are attractive enough, you might get laid once or twice. But your chances of landing a keeper are pretty slim.

• I'm on one. It's funny to see people I know be on there. It's even funnier when it makes a match between me and someone that I know that I can't stand in real life.

I've met a bunch of people from online. Nothing has turned out well so far. You need a lot of patience, a thick skin, and no expectations to make these kinds of sites work for you.

Which are you using?

• i think it is. I've tried it before and girls there are losers so I settled on the idea that face to face experience is better and more naturall.