Why do guys never text girls first? But seem so interested when they reply?

I always have to text this guy first I text him once or twice a week I have for the last 4 weeks he replies every time and we talk for long. He also uses smileys in every message.

So would a guy wait for the girl to text first even if he was interested? And why?

And if he knew the girl was interested would it be the same?

What Guys Said 1

• i text 1st all the time so I can't really relate but I presume most guys do it because they don't wanna seem desperate =/

What Girls Said 1

• Yes a guy would wait if you've created a pattern that you will always text first. Which you have. Why would he put in the effort and time when he knows you'll do it for him? Call me old-fashioned, but until I'm in a relationship with someone, I think the guy should do more of the "first texts/first calls." It's not to say you can't send one everyone once in a while. But if you really want him to text you, stop altogether. Chances are he'll wonder why he's not getting his usually twice a week text and then he'll text you.