I need help with this girl I'm texting.

I have a few classes with this girl. We haven't talked a whole lot but I have made her laugh and we do get along. Every time I started to ask for her number we would get interrupted, it never failed! So I left an origami lily taped to her car window when she was in class one day. It had my name and number on it and said "give me a call or text." She texted me, and based on the time I got her text it was sent as soon as she found the flower. She said "Hi Michael! Thanks for the cute flower! How are you?" All the texts she sends me either have exclamation points or smiley faces, but she won't keep a conversation with me. Do you think she's not interested? Just not a heavy texter? Is she just putting smiley faces as to not hurt my feelings or something? I would think if she's not intersted she wouldn't have texted me in the first place. Right? I'm so confused. There are amidst faces even when they don't need to be lol.

Yesterday I texted her to start a conversation. I put "Hey Autumn! Quick, tell me a joke!" She sent back "I don't know one :)" so I sent "we'll you're no fun then... :P" she never answered back so I sent "Then how was your day?" And still never got an answer.

Most Helpful Girl

• AW. Well how long has it been? If it hasn't been very long, maybe just try to get to know her better. Ask her questions about herself, find ways to let her get to know you, it'll help her be sure whether she likes you or not. She might be defaulting to "friendly yet distant" just because she doesn't know you that well.

It's just really hard to tell, there could be so many possibilities. She might be bad at keeping up a conversation over text. She could be distracted. Or she could be doing this just because she doesn't want to get called a bitch for not liking a guy who did something so cute... I'm optimistic, though :P

Either way, if it HAS been a while and she's been given the chance to know you better, your best bet might be to cut to the chase and ask her if she likes you like you like her.

• Oh we don't know each other very well. Usually when we talked in class it was just about class because the teacher moves so fast and we both get lost lol.

What Girls Said 2

• Oh she's interested. The fact that she texted you right away is a good sign. She could just not be a big texter or not the best at keeping up conversations over text.

• can you give a better example?

What Guys Said 1

• Text her asking how was your day. You can judge her by the replies she sent(if she gives a long or short message) or if she keeps the conversation going, you might know if she is interested.