What do you think about this?

I'm 16 and I still haven't had my first kiss. I've had opportunities to but at this point I'm scared that I won't be good at it and everyone already has so much experience so I freak out and get out of it. And I don't really want it to go farther than making out the same day I get my first kiss with a random guy so I'm hesitant to hook up at parties. I'm so embarrassed when people find out and I don't even know what to do. What would you think of a 16 year old who hasn't had their first kiss and what should I do about this?

Most Helpful Girl

• for all of the people who were being rude and saying "SHEESH", you're wrong... sorry.

believe me, I was scared to have my first kiss. when mine came I wasn't expecting it, so I had no practice what so ever. but don't think about it too much. the actual kiss will come when the time is right. usually your first kiss won't be a big deal, it'll just be a peck. this is good because you can see what it feels like and what to expect, and next time be even more prepared. Also, I'm sure you're not the only 16 year old who hasn't kissed anybody. that's nothing to be ashamed of. I know plenty of 16 year olds who haven't kissed anyone. in high school, people stretch the truth to sound cool. I'll bet half the things people say aren't even true. and if the topic comes up in conversation with people who you really don't want to know about this, say something like "i don't kiss and tell". if its you're close friends, obviously you have nothing to hide and you shouldn't be embarrassed. and if it's your future boyfriend/someone you're probably going to kiss, don't be afraid to tell them if it comes up. say something about how you were waiting for the right person or something. it'll make the kiss 100x more special/memorable. if you need more advice, don't be afraid to ask. (:

What Guys Said 1

• Why are you in such a hurry? It's not a big deal.

• i know, I wouldn't be if literally every single other person didn't have it. And I feel like when people find out they look down on me. And I have a couple of friends who make it a big deal and are like "omg you need to get it" every other day and I'm just like stop you're not helping. ha ha idkkk

• I highly doubt it is everyone. Unless you have witnessed them kissing yourself, don't take much stock in it. You'll find out that a lot of people make stuff like that up or the number of times they done it to seem cooler.

You're 16. It's not like you're 40. lol No rush

And to piggyback off of what laxgal09 said: If you find a guy you like that likes you too, it will go a lot smoother and more enjoyable. He won't mind that you have no experience. He will be more than happy helping you get some.

What Girls Said 5

• I think it isn't that big of a deal .. RELAX your 16 don't force it or it will be bad jut wait for the right guy and the right time and all will be well I mean common you want your first kiss to be special and amazing and something you will remember forever who doesn't :) best of luck Hun xoxo

• Don't worry about it. I was 16 when I got my first kiss. And really there is no way to practice it. Just let it be natural. That is what will make it so memorable.

• Good lord, at the rate we're going, soon two year old's will be worried about the fact that they haven't had their first kiss.

Start worrying about it when you hit 20. Till then? Forget about it. Sheesh.

• just watch YouTube videos on how to, and practise with your hand sounds dum but it would help.

• We need a revolution.

• a revolution of what?