The sweet spot for texting

When your first start talking to someone how many days a week should you text/call them without either seeming desperate and clingy by to much contact or not interested by not enough contact.

Most Helpful Girl

• Firstly, don't text just for the sake of texting. It's better if you actually have something to say, or if you genuinely want to check up on the other person. Personally, I like to text the guy I like a few times a week. Maybe not every day, but often enough to keep the interest going. If I feel like I've been initiating contact a lot for a while, I always take a step back and let them contact me once or twice too. It's a pretty good tactic, because that way you'll also know if they really want to talk with you as well. Balance it out. Give enough space but not too much of it, otherwise they'll think you've lost interest in talking to them. There really isn't a solid way to tell what's too much or too little. Just do what feels best.

What Girls Said 9

• i believe if you text'd last the person has the way to text next. or at least that's how I see it, if they haven't responded in a while shoot them another and if they don't then do it again and if that repeats just wait or leave them. I mean there are no obligations to that person even if you like them if you're not officially together.

• Well everyone texts but when you text periodically throughout the day that there is a lot of interest. But you can't always expect a quick response cause people are busy. I think that you should mainly text just to see how their day is going or to make plans. But aside from asking what they are doing every hour is a little annoying and it does look desperate.

• I mean, nothing seems too desperate as long as you don't text her back to back when she doesn't reply fast enough. girls like it when you text them everyday, start off with a good morning text. (:

-love Sosa

• The best way to do it is to take turns. You start the first conversation, then after that conversation dies, wait for her to start another one. Then just go back and forth and play it by ear.

• If I like him and he likes me, daily is way cool! good morning and goodnight are the best texts ever!

• I'd be okay texting everyday if there's mutual interest.

• everyday as long as both people are responding regularly

• Everyday for me

But not every minute

• don't be clingy

What Guys Said 3

• Here's no rule on how much texting is too much as long as its reciprocal. If you click and have lots of interesting things to text about, it's a good thing.

The only rule is that you should take turns. If you text a girl and she doesn't respond, do not send another text until she has. Blowing up someone's phone with multiple unrealized texts screams "I am clingy and desperate". Trust me, she saw your text, she just either wasn't interested enough to respond or she's playing some weird mind game. Either way you should just ignore her until she actually does respond.

• Unless you're going overboard with it, texting shouldn't be something to fear or plan out like everyone and their baby's mama seems to do nowadays. If she stops talking to you because you went over some quota for texting, then do you really want to be jumping through relationship hoops like that?

That isn't a whole lot of girls I'd imagine but for the ones that do, do you know what it prevails? Because people keep it going (such as with this question). By keeping this stupid "don't be creepy" game going on, stupid girls and boys find justification to play these little games as if they are social rules. If you don't put up with it (and if other guys/girls didn't either), then there will be a lot of pressure on the ones clinging to it as it's on the out.

• I go a couple times a week. I try to avoid dry conversations and text when I have something witty in mind. I'm dying to text this one girl right now, but I'm holding out so we can see each other tomorrow on a good note.