My boyfriend has an account on a dating site

Hi, So I recently discovered mails from the site find... in my boyfriend his email. I wanted to know what he was doing there, since we have been dating for over six years, so I made an account myself. When I wanted to look at his account I saw that he was only a standard member, so he probably doesn’t pay to contact people and that he listed himself in a wrong country. But I also saw that he was interested in intimate chats and discrete relationships. I don’t know if he just uses the site for watching the girls or if he is cheating on me? I don’t think I can confront him with this, because I’ve obviously been snooping. xXx

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes you can see in small detail the last time he's been online? Or, but that's kinda taking it too far, email him under your fake name and get to know him through that, but that's mean.

That's a bit too far so I wouldn't do that.

What is a better idea, according to me, is to have a nice night out with him, go to dinner, have a nice conversation about whatever and bring up the topic dating sites. See how his behavior is during the normal topics, see if his behavior (verbal and non-verbal) changes between the normal topics and the topic of dating sites. (I'm such a nerd, this may sound a bit too far but I just learned about lie detection, lol).

You could ask his opinion on it, tell him one of your friends told you about her guy being on such a site while they're dating for quite a long time, see what he says to that, ...

• @CrystalMinds: I can't contact him at that website, because to do that I would have to pay... I've already tried poking around for his opinions about those sites, but he doesn't really give an answer. He is verbally very strong :P I really don't know whether he thinks about cheating or if it's 'harmless'?

• So I've been searching to get on his account (yes that's awful, but I had to know) and he created it end 2011... There were no mails or things like that, but why would he have such an account if not to use it?

• Well, only he knows, we can only guess. For a back up, because he wanted to cheat, because it was a dare, because a friend made it in his name, ...

What Guys Said 1

• This is wrong behavior. Request him to delete profiles in all dating sites. If he refuses dump him.

What Girls Said 2

• id get straight to the point and ask. I snooped and that's that. ill be no worst than him cause we would both be hiding something. you dated him for 6years, you should know how he would react to that.

my boyfriend would understand and let me snoop. he knows that ill get upset either way, but I may as well get upset and know the truth right?

• I know he wouldn't forgive me for snooping around :(

• I would check to make sure this is recent first. If it is then he is lacking emotional support or self esteem issues.

• I don't know how I can see when he created the account...

• Make sure he is actually active on the site. It may be old and just never deleted it. If so, its not really an issue unless he is using it.