Do you think dating websites make it harder to reunite with an ex?

If you want your ex back but they are on a dating website, do you think that will make it harder to get them back because it's easier for them to meet people online than in person? Or could it be easier to get them back because they might not like who they meet? Like if they have bad dates...haha. Just want some perspective.

I don't want to hear your criticism. If you have perspective, share it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think dating sites make relationships harder in general. I often curse dating sites because it does seem like a lot of guys use them because they can get dates relatively effortlessly, and hence don't see a reason to put an effort into a relationship. This is why ideally, I want a guy (one day) who doesn't and hasn't ever used dating sites. But do those guys even exist anymore... .

When my ex broke up with my I discovered him on a dating site a few months alter. I wanted him back, and it broke my heart to see him there and know that he was actively looking for someone else, and messaging others, and probably meeting others. I know that for me, it would have been a major issue that he was (or had been) on there if we had gotten back together at some point.

But anyway, the fact your ex is on there might suggest he doesn't want to give you another chance, but I've also heard that a lot of guys join dating sites after a break up because they want to see that other women still want them, but they aren't seriously interested in anything. So it's hard to say if in your particular case it makes things harder, or easier, or has no effect at all.

• Thanks so much for your input. I think he wants someone else :[

What Guys Said 2

• I don't there's any correlation. I mean, it depends on the circumstances of the breakup, and the individual using the sites. If things work out away from the site with someone else, and still not with the ex, then the ex retains her status. If the ex partners reunite whilst one partner is enrolled on a site, then that's because their circumstances allowed that outcome.

• Sometimes

What Girls Said 6

• Yes, I think it makes it much harder to get them back. I have this issue now. He got on a dating site after our last date where he had performance issues and cut off all communication with me. It has broke my heart completely. I do hope he has horrible dates on there though. hahahaaa I guess that is just mean. ha ha Perhaps he was already on it before the performance issues and I just wasn't aware of it.

• You open yourself to criticism when you post such questions, of course. It can't be helped...

Obviously the ex who is dating people other than yourself will not be coming back -- and frankly should not be on your mind. He doesn't want you enough to value your attention over the attention of some stranger he's about to hook up with through the internet. You DO see that, right? WHether he "finds someone" or is just using the sites to hook up with girls for cheap one-nighters, he is sending you a clear message that he couldn't care less about you, your feelings, your needs, etc.

MOVE ON.

• yes I think so. I met one of my ex's on a dating website, once we were official I deleted my account but he never did so I would get all paranoid and insecure about it when he was never actually talking to anyone. that pretty much ruined the whole thing for us lol

• My ex went on the dating sites before he even bothered to break up with me :-( If you think it's bad to see them on there after a break up that's nothing like seeing them on there when they are telling you to your face that they are with you. He also made a point to tell me about all the other sites he had joined the day after as though he wanted to rub it in my face that he could move on so easily and that I was just been used until someone better came along. Personally I would not want an ex to come back to me after he had left to seek out other women because it means that they have seen you as an option and that's not how you should see people you are meant to care about. If your ex broke up with you then he made his decision and one day he might seriously regret it but whatever the case don't look back because although there were positive factors in your past relationship unfortunately this was outweighed by negative factors, which will inevitably return and cause problems all over again.

If by chance you did the breaking up and you are regretting your decision. It will just a harsh matter of having to live with your choice. Be this the case though remember you made this choice for a reason and that reason was because you felt he wasn't right for you in which case let him go and be right for someone else. The fact that you haven't found someone else yet doesn't mean you won't. Remember good things take time. Think of the famous saying "Only Fools Rush In"

• If he is on dating sites and actually going out on dates with other women, then it doesn't sound like he is interested in getting back together with you.

• Do you really want to get back with your ex because they thought they couldn't find anyone better and just gave up and settled for you?

• It's not criticism ... it's trying to put this worry of yours into perspective. You don't want to be with someone who doesn't want to be with you full-heartedly.

• Thanks :)

• I've known more than a few girls who, once they let go of the guy they kept trying to work things out with time and time again, met the guy they married. Once you let go, it lets you have some much more emotional reserve to care about other parts of your life. :)