Is joining a dating website really a bad thing?

I used to be on the shy side, but I've broken out of my shell a little bit, but that only really brought me more attention from guys in a sexual way, but I want to find someone who likes me for me... do you think it would be worth signing up for a dating website?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes I think you should. It will take you about 2 months to learn after reading a guys profile, looking at his pics, and how he communicates through email as to whether he's interested in YOU, or just sex. Make them send at least 5 good emails before agreeing to meet them. The good guys will ask for your number or ask to meet after 5-7 emails. The losers or morons will give you their number or ask to meet or want your number between 1-3 emails. Be patient. Learn the lay of the online dating landscape...try to get a feel for the good guys verses the bad. For me personally, if a girls profile, and pics pass my test, than as long as there's no RED flags during our 5-6 email exchange then I will ask about meeting. 99% of the time I can tell by the 2nd email if we're going to meet or not. I haven't been wrong yet. Good luck!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• I've heard both wonderful success stories and major flops. The way I see it, what have you got to lose? Worst case scenario, you go on a few bad dates. Best case scenario, you meet someone you really like, and who really likes you.

• It is not the worst and can find decent guys, but the ratio seems to be 99:1.

I was on POF and I made the mistake of saying I was looking to hang out... made move. Even though there is a specific option for intimate encounters, guys still see hanging out as an easy lay.

You just have to accept that guys online at going to have e-balls and are more pervert. To me, they show their colors a lot faster online.

I would sign up with multiple sites and stick to your guns about what it is that you want off of the website.

Good luck!

• You can always give it a try and see if you like it. I've been on a dating site and all I can say is that the majority of guys on there isn't the sort of guy I'd want to end up with. There seem to be a lot of players, and also a lot of commitment-phobes who will act like they're totally into you for a month or two and then they will have "doubts". The downside is that a lot of people seem to be addicted to dating sites and aren't seriously looking for someone, but more for the thrill.

But like I said, you can always take a look and if you don't like it, delete your profile.