2012 DOOMSDAY what's your prediction?

Mayan calendar ends Dec. 21, 2012.

as well as Nostradamus predicted and Many many others.

Many false dates have come and gone. But the difference with this date prediction is that so many ancient cultures have kept this one as warning to the world.

NASA deny's planet alinement. I get irritated when people all the sudden bring up an asteroid.

Now my calendar ends and I just get a new one so maybe that's all this is the end of the rotation of the Mayan calendar.

Although in biblical scriptures it is looking like Armageddon is upon us lol.

So what is your serious mature take on this issue. and what do you believe will happen?

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 5

• "“From the calm morning, the end will come when of the dancing horse the number of circles will be 9“.

The quote seems to fit perfectly with Psy’s song. Korea being called the “The land of the Morning Calm,’ Psy’s horse dance and the circle of 9 could be interpreted – as the video is quickly approaching 900 million views and also there may be a chance that the video will reach one billion views around the Mayan-calendar-end-date of December 21st. Also known as the “end of the world." ( link

I just think this is hilarious.

But OK, I don't really believe in all that. There were so many predictions, so many "end of the world" so much panic, ...

All I know is, if the world will end then, I will be one pissed off girl for not being able to celebrate my birthday this year and I spent the last days of my life studying for my exams in January.

• That would be a bummer. I would be mad too because I should've done something different than post dumb questions rather than spending time with all I love. Lol

• BETTER not end. I have plans for January.

• i don't believe it =).. and I'm even looking forward for next year so I hope no one will claim that "2013 will be my year" I said it first have some respect, its mine already ok? just choose another year.. :P jk ^-^

• I don't believe it, and I refuse to :P

• I need some science... but maybe it will be a consciousnesses shift in people, we will realize we have so much corruption and war, do we really want to continue the mess previous generations have created? Maybe we will think about the planet as a whole and about our kid's generations and generations after them as well. even if there is no global warming or end of the world coming up, shouldn't we still be conscious? and loving and peaceful?

oh well I am probably just talking to a wall, I'll stop now..

What Guys Said 10

• People have been saying the world is going to end ever since Jesus Christ walked upon the Earth. This is nothing new.

It is extremely difficult for me to believe that the Maya, while an intelligent people, can predict the end of the world when they didn't even have the concept of toilet paper. The Mayan calendar is not like a typical calendar we have. The calendar is circular and is made up of 7 rings. Days change as each ring rotates in different combinations. December 21st just happens to be the last possible combination. Here we are, thousands of years later, able to put a human being on the moon, and even we can't predict the end. If we can't, they most certainly can't.

And then on to Nostradamus...Nostradamus is a mere placebo effect. Hindsight is 20 20. For example, Nostradamus' first quatrain stated that "thy young lion shall overcome and slay the old..." Weeks later, the king of France was killed by his son-in-law to be in a Jousting match. If Nostradamus has the ability to predict, why didn't he just come out and say it instead of using such jargon? One other example is the infamous "child of Germany" and the word "Hister." If Nostradamus could predict the power of Hitler, why didn't he use his actual name? Nostradamus was a mere author.

As I said, people have been saying the world is going to end for thousands of years. John the Divine, who wrote both the gospels of John and the Book of Revelation himself believed that the emperor Nero was the Anti-Christ and that the world was going to end around 70 AD. Yes, natural disasters and wars have signaled the hint of the end of the world, but that has been going on for centuries. Think about the Arab-Israeli War of 1967 and that catastrophe, yet here we are 50 years later. Biblical scripture also states the world can't end until the 3rd and final temple will be built. That's so far away from happening that the Dome of the Rock still stands on the Temple Mount, and most likely always will, at least in our life time.

My overall point? Regardless of your faith, belief, or non-faith, there are things to support this superstition and things to not support it. I obviously can't believe it, but I also don't criticize those who do. If you beloieve this, you still have my respect.

• The Mayan calendar measures cycles. The 21 Dec is the end of a very long cycle. So it's the end of the old and beginning of the new.

It speaks of "apocalypse" and not "Armageddon".

Apocalypse means translated literally from Greek refers to a revelation of something hidden. In religious contexts it is usually a revelation of hidden meaning - hidden from human knowledge in an era dominated by falsehood and misconception. So no doomsday there.

Here is the Mayan calendar explained link

• If the world ended so close to Christmas when I'm all holed up in my room studying cause of January finals I'd be pissed the f*** off. But then I'd be dead lol so no biggie I guess ^^

• First of all, I think something will happen. I HOPE something astonishing and groudbreaking occurs.

As for the cause, it isn't in the stars or the cosmos, but in our own minds. A self-fulfilling prophecy, so to speak.

Tell people it will be chaos, and they will make chaos in preparation. Tell people it's enlightenment and they will find something to be enlightened about.

In a sense, we can make it what we want. So make your new year's resolutions more ambitious this time around. Even though the world won't likely end, live as though it will, and maybe your priorities will rearrange themselves.

Personally, I hope it's some sort of crossover from our current structure into a new one that actually takes advantage of our capabilities, rather than exploit our weaknesses. But that's probably the wishful Zeitgeist/Venus project side of me thinking.

• If you read the scriptures it actually says that the end of the world will come at a time we least expect it. As we expect it, it cannot end. At least that is my opinion.

• I laugh at people trying to figure out the kosmos without any scientific reasoning.

I rely on science, not people staring at tea leaves.

• i think is nothing but a JOKE

• Nothing will happen only person who knows when the world is gonna end is GOD. Anyone who believes this crap is an idiot.

• It will the same as new years eve 1999 was. Everyone will get all worked up over nothing and have end of the world parties. And life will continue on as always.

• The clock will keep on 'tickin.