Should I text this guy first?

I've liked this guy for a few weeks, and I was telling my friend in the hallway that my goal was to have his number by winter break. I think the guy's friend overheard me and told him I said that, since the said guy asked me for my number in the next class. That was Tuesday, and he hasn't texted me yet. We talk in school during classes, since he's in 6/8 of them, and sometimes I'll catch him staring at me. I don't wanna seem desperate, so I wasn't thinking of texting him unless he texted me first. Should I stick with this, or should I text him? And if I should, when would be a good day to do so?

Most Helpful Guy

• You should let him text you first. He has to man up, and this will be a good thing for you to see if he's really interested.

What Guys Said 2

• He will text you within 6 -8 days. Just let him don't lose his attention on you.

• Text him :) BUT don't rush..

What Girls Said 1

• if your the type of girl that lets the guy lead in a relationship, I'd wait for him to text. it could be one of two things in why he hasn't texted you: 1) he doesn't really see you as a girlfriend, so he isn't texting, but that wouldn't make since if he asked for your number. 2) he likes you and has no idea on how to start a conversation. if number 2 is the case, then I would text him something. it could be a funny story that happened in one of your classes or ask when an assignment or test is due. something small that has potential to turn into something big.