Why would a guy NOT kiss a girl by the fourth date?

This guy and I have been on four dates but we live in different cities so those dates took a year to happen. (our first date was in December 2011) Normally guys would've tried to kiss me on the first date or second. Also when I flirted with him by touching him (hoping it would build the moment up and lead into the kiss part) he never flirted back, seem caught off guard, kinda frozed up and made things awkward for a second but thankfully I'm good at bouncing back and turning awkward situations into less awkward situations.lol

I even went as far as telling him I want him to kiss me and he said he didn't want to give me his cold. we laughed it off but it was a head scratcher for me. Is he just shy? Am I reading too much into this? or what do you guys think?

Most Helpful Guy

• Is most likely really shy. Or maybe he's afraid he's a bad kisser. that's one of my fears.

What Guys Said 4

• Dear madam,

Some men can be shy and hard to get out of there shell. It seems as though he is very shy and has a case of (in a way) stage fright. He may be afraid of what will happen when he kisses you or maybe you may not like his kiss. You should give it time and if it feels he taking to long, you attempt kiss him. One of you must stand up to the plate. I hope that I could provide the answer you were looking for.

Sincerely,

The English Gentlemen

• dear anonymous user,

i think this man is shy. if you like him then stick with him. he will do it sooner or later.

love,

sosa

• Probably shy. Or maybe a closeted gay...

• Two options pop into mind.

1. He's not that into you.

2. He's too chicken to make a move so you have to.

What Girls Said 3

• My boyfriend and I didn't kiss until like a half a year of us "dating."

• Sounds vaguely familiar.. I initiated a brier/slightly awkward hug with the guy I'm dating at the end of our third date at the movies (our first physical contact) and he reciprocated, but then muttered that he didn't really do PDA. I apologized and he said he was just awkward. This guy doesn't flirt either and is actually pretty reserved. For our fourth date next week, he wants me to go with him to the museum and then his research lab so he can show me what he does and what he's currently working on.

I mean, he could be shy and just taking things slow with you. He might need some time, but that's up to you if you're willing to wait. If you are, just relax, be receptive and let him make the next move when he's ready.

• I think he's shy.