Awkward after spooning?

I was pretty drunk one night and was in my dorm room with this guy after we just got back from a party. he asked if he could stay in my room and I said OK. he was kinda drunk too. we slept on top of my bed in separate blankets and this is a twin bed so were were touching but not snuggling. in the middle of night I woke up to him scooting closer to me and wrapping his arm and leg around me. I was still pretty drunk and just stayed like that but then I started falling off the bed so I had to scoot back on the bed and consequently scooted even closer to him. I had no intention of hooking up with this guy because he is in our friend group and it would just be awkward. then he moved is hand up to my boobs and I thought that was going a little far so I kinda moved around then he moved his hand just below my boobs, but then he moved his head really close to mine like he was going to try to kiss me and I didn't turn my head towards him so I think he just gave up and just stayed really close. I rolled over onto my stomach a few times to see if he got the hint that I was not going to hook with him and it was hot and uncomfortable, but when I did that he just wrapped his leg around me. now things are a little awkward because we were not really friends before, but definitely talked and we are in the same friend group, but he doesn't talk to me as much anymore and seems like he avoids eye contact whenever he can. I feel kind of bad like I lead him on by letting him sleep in the same bed and then cuddling close so I wouldn't fall off the bed, but he didn't seem to take the hint that I didn't want to hook up. I don't know what to do to make it less awkward. should I apologize for leading him on and kind of clear the air? does he even like me or would a guy cuddling with any girl? or should I just let it go since we don't have to see each other for like a month then pretend it never happened? also my roommate was asleep in the room too which is another reason why I wouldn't hook up with him.

Most Helpful Girl

• That's tough. And totally awkward. But I think you should just talk to him about it. Not like a total confrontation, putting him on the spot, but just a conversation. Maybe say "Hey can I talk to you for a second?" and go from there. Tell him you're sorry if you gave off the wrong message and that you were very drunk. Say that you weren't comfortable with going any further with the situation at hand. One because you knew you were drunk and would regret it, and two because your roommate was in the room. Now saying all these things could be really awkward if he has no idea what you're talking about and never thought about the event twice. Maybe before you say all that stuff ask him if he remembers that night and thinks it has changed something about your relationship, granted you weren't very close but it seems like you've become uncomfortable with each other. If you're still a little nervous about confronting him maybe asked one of your friends in your group to talk to him about it (preferably someone who's good friends with him). Tell them to ask him what he thinks of you and to say that you've mentioned the situation before. Then they should just act like they want some more details (not saying you put them up to it). Hopefully that helps :)

• thanks it does help. the only problem is now we are on winter break so we don't see or talk to each other for like a month. I feel like the awkwardness might die down after that

• It might. But be careful, he might think you're avoiding him because you're mad at him for thinking you'd do such a thing with him. So maybe act extra friendly, but avoid making him think you want him because obviously he wanted or still wants you. He needs to know you're not mad, whether it's by hinting it or flat out telling him.

What Guys Said 2

• Ha, that's a real situation. Well if you scooted back when you were cuddling, even if it was to not fall off the bed, that is a sign (to guys) that she wants to fool around. But I think that you guys were drunk and in the same bed, that is signs that you want to do "the hanky panky" to guys and I think that he thought he might be getting lucky, but it didn't go right. He might be self conscious and think that he did something wrong. I say that you should talk with him in private about it, and tell him that you didn't mean to let him on and that it isn't his fault. Guys have feelings too.

He might like you, or he might have just wanted to mess around(also he was drunk and has less control of what he's doing). Just talk to him in private about it, or you'll have to have awkward situations around him.

Hope that helps, if not then my apologies

• To make it less awkward, don't sleep on the same bed next time...

What Girls Said 1

• Well if you were drunk it's a better idea not to do it.

Some guys will be so horny that yes they will cuddle with any girl.