I had a nice time.... "Cool." Is he interested in a second date?

I went on a very quirky sort of date -- I won't bore you with all the details, but we chatted each other up for a while and seemed to have hit it off, all except for one thing. He didn't try to hold/hug me at all, even to say hello/goodbye. We're European, so he expected the greeting where you semi-hug and kiss each other on the cheeks in greeting/parting. He leaned in for it, but kept his hands to himself. Well, this was a first for me, especially after two hours of drinking and joking around. This guy's different. At the end of the night I told him I had a nice time. He said "Cool." and then nothing else. He called a couple of days later to check in, but we could only chat for a sec.

Is he interested in another date?

• He's interested in another date, just give him some time.
  • He's not interested. Move on.

What Guys Said 1

• I am European .. Some are odd like this.

If he doesn't contact you in a week or more.. Don't bother

• Actually, he did, thanks, and just before you posted this comment.

I think I'm just not used to the slower rate and think it's disinterest. I've gotten used to the American fellows who approach and leave very rapidly.

• Happy it worked out..And that I was right

• Lol.

What Girls Said 1

• Either he's incredibly shy or he's not interested... kinda leaning towards the latter though, based on what you've described here.

Maybe give it one more shot to see how things go.

• I have the impression that it's not really easy for him to speak. He's a hands-on sort of guy, really sweet and smart, but really not used to talking too much about things other than his work/travel.