How can I get the low down about a guy I'm going on a date with this weekend?

Ok so this guy asked for my number at a concert I was at a couple weeks back. I know OF him, but do not know him. Basically he is the brother of the manager of the group I saw. So I have known people who know him, but I want the scoop on him without anyone knowing I'm going on a date with him.

My sister and mother know, but I don't want friends knowing because I like to lead a private life. I know people who might have the scoop on him, but they're male friends of mine and I have a feeling if they knew it was a "date" they would say things on purpose to deter me from going out with him. (basically most my guy friends are cockblocks in general towards any guy trying to talk to me)

so my question is, what can I say to ask around about this guy and get some info without making it obvious I'm interested in dating him?

Most Helpful Guy

• First if they are a true friend they would not deliberately try to block any romance I would hope.

Can you casually ask them what they think of him as you find him rather interesting. You do not have to mention any dates or that you spoke with him.

That might be the only way with out running a police background check or stalking him.. LOL

Good luck.

• Well most of my guy friends at one point confessed to me they liked me, and I didn't feel that way toward them so that's a main reason why I get kinda hesitant to ask them about other guys...I could see where they would be like "screw that guy" you know? Not even to be mean but just because maybe they even might think he's not good enough for me or something...that's why I was trying to think of something to say to not hint towards me being involved with him.

What Guys Said 5

• Just go on the date and find out for yourself.

• simply google his name and check with some of the friends you might have in commen. check maybe in scholl about his grades and make shure he's not a troublemaker.

• Ask HIM while you're out.

• I say just go out with him and ask him yourself. What else are you going to talk about ;)

• This sounds like an immature mentality you have here. Okay its reasonable to not want people interfering in your life but you shouldn't make friends that try too much to. If you can't even trust friends to ask them some stuff about a guy then you really are bordering into the creepy zone trying to find info about him instead of just talking to him yourself to get to know him.

• I don't like people spreading rumors, and a lot of people just naturally do, not even being vindictive. I just wanna know if anyone's heard anything bad about him like if he's just some player or something, and maybe if I should keep an eye out or something. I'm not trying to find out past employment history or anything that would make me a creep.

What Girls Said 0