Guys, what is a text technique you use to get a girl interested?

I was wondering if guys have a way to text to get a girl's attention. Do you send hot and cold signals, or text small talk to get her to want more out of you?

What's your way odd texting?

Because there's this guy I'm interested in and we met through instagram and Facebook, he asked for my number and texts "goodnight, sweet dreams :) " or replies once then stops texting and sends a good morning text. He then likes pics on instagram. Is he trying to get my attention? Ps. I started too to talk to him first when I found him on instagram then he asked for my number.

Most Helpful Guy

• First, I have to say that the texting game is too ridiculous, I hate texting.

Anyways, I have things that I usually done, but I wouldn't call them techniques.For instance, I always try to keep conversation going, and fun/interesting. I like to ask questions and go off that. With a girl I'm not interested in, if talking stops then no big deal.

"Sweet dreams", that's flirting obviously, guys won't say that to any random girl.

• Hhhmmm, interesting:) I just don't know how to let him know that I'm very interested if he keeps texting then stopping

• Would this be a LDR type of thing? Then yeah, that's going to be a bit difficult.

If not, then I suggest asking him out, seeing if he'd like to grab lunch some time, etc. Then you can see how things go there and maybe use that as your chance.

• wow! you are good, he is one hr away, unfortunately. He did tell me at first that it is best to get to know each other in person. I think we have a strong physical attraction, I can feel our flirting without making long conversations, it's just so weird.

What Guys Said 9

• guys generally have no idea how to get girls' attention online. Basically, if we are online, we are trying to get your attention, though. So all of that is, yes, an effort to get your attention.

• Ok, do that is good, he wants my attention, but now what should I do to let him know I am interested and he has my attention?

• To be somewhat entertaining without going overboard. Maybe a little teasing. Nothing I wouldn't already do in person.

I used to text a lot back and forth with girls I wasn't very serious with yet. It's a lot of fun. But then if you split up it feels like a waste. So less is more... I don't want to act like someone's boyfriend if I'm not.

• Makes sense. So how should I go about this, in your perspective?

• Well, I've never tried to pick up a guy before but... I'd imagine you can't really do anything terribly wrong here. Just be fun and flirty and not needy. If he's not suggesting a meet-up then maybe you can do it for him :)

• I meant if you were the guy texting a girl like my situation, what would you like her to text or say? So start conversation and be flirty?:)

• I'll let you know when I try again. After the last time I got my heart broken, I just couldn't be bothered anymore.

• I usually say things like "Good morning, beautiful! I'm glad I met you everyday" or something like "Goodnight, Madame! May the angels watch over you!". I know this is pretty strong, but it works for me!

• send nudes

• ;P

• best to not contact her as often but purposely ignoring her

• And what would the guy expect our want to happen next from this?

• Some women just want what they can't have ( a guy who ignores them ) it is more likely that women find guys unattractive who behave as if they are desperate, fawning all over them. When we like something, we want it and when its not readily available to us, we want it even more.

• Yeah, you are right, I like a challenge but not someone who will ignore me. This guy doesn't ignore me but doesn't give me some type of clear sign of what can be of us. I'll just go with the flow.

• Praise,more praise,more and more praise

• And what would you want the girl to text back?

• Happiness, more happiness, and this happiness become a part of her life.

• Normally I text, ALOT, and ask all kinds of questions.

What Girls Said 1

• For some guys, the actual process of texting is a big deal. They don't really text unless they have something to say because they actually spend some additional time worrying about what they're going to say.

For other guys, the process comes more naturally and so they write something flirtatious "Hey beautiful, what're you up to?" If they're dealing with a girl who doesn't usually get a comment like that, she's immediately flattered and turns rosy. Bingo.

For other guys, who are a little more conservative about flirting, they MAY send short messages like "cool" or other things indicating praise or approval, only in a really subtle way.

• Thanks, I think this guy is the first thing or a little of the last option you mentioned.

• Well said. I like the way you have analyzed men's technique with texting. +1

• :)