Guys would you date a girl you wernt physically atracted to as long as you had things in common?

Say you were on the same wave lengh, you liked the same things and got along but you didn't fancy her or you wernt physically atracted to her becasue she was maybe a biggish girl, would you still date her and have a relationship with her purely based on her personality?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, but honestly it would take a while of me getting to know her and looking past the fact that I'm not physically attracted to her.

What Guys Said 3

• It depends on the extent to which I wasn't attracted to her on a physical level. I'd rather date someone who I am sort of physically attracted to but has a LOT of common interests than some unbelievably hot Top 40 bar hopper.

• No.

There's a thing called ''friendship'' and usually just-friends of the opposite gender don't really 'hang out' a lot anyway.

• No. Not a chance. Physical attraction is a key part of a relationship.

What Girls Said 2

• Hahahahaha date someone just based on their personality? Sorry but I don't think there's gonna be a guy out there that would do that. Men are very driven visually and physically. If a guy likes just your personality then he would maybe make you his friend, but nothing else:)

• I disagree that just men are very visually driven, I think all humans are. Women don't date ugly men just like men don't date fat women.

• Oh yeah I think it goes both ways. I never said that just men were. My point was that typically men tend to be very visually driven and that physical attraction is sort've a must for them. The question was about men hence my answer was about men;) Oh and there are some men that date fat women and some women that date ugly guys so I disagree w you there.

• The men who date fat women and the women who date ugly guys do so because they can't get anyone else. Or maybe some prefer there partner for some reason, they are a minority though. Most people just settle for what they can get.

Also how did I contradict myself QA?

• You know I've seen some guys some not so attractive girls, but that's just my opinion. They may think she's really hot. I guess they'd have to be somewhat physically attracted to them.