Do you have someone you'll always have feelings for?

I have an ex that I still am not over. He's different from all the other guys I've dated. I've dated other guys after him and we're not even in the same country anymore but I still think about him.

Do you guys have someone like that?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes I still love my ex but don't know how it will work out. She's seeing someone else now who banned her from even talking to me and I ended up moving with my dad to the other side of the state. Thinking of moving back to be closer to the rest of my family and maybe reigniting the flame between me and my ex. But I honestly don't know how that will work out. I dream or have nightmares about her every nite. We broke up 11 months ago after a three year relationship with a couple short breaks. I'll honestly never stop loving her even if I do decide to move on. I just hope she ends up happy and with someone good if not me. And if anyone hurts her I'll come back to make them pay. Because like I said I do get a lot of nightmares about her, mainly where she gets abused. And the last I heard from her was her crying in the background while her new boyfriend was threatening me for txting to see how she was doing. I swear to god if my nightmares come true I'll break his neck.

What Guys Said 3

• I think about the women I knew, but I don't feel emotional impact when they come to mind. Most all of them are in the same country I am, but we don't share any feelings, so we're out of one another's reach. Years pass, people date, people move, people change. People move on. I try to live in the moment, not back then. Something that makes me think of a woman I knew sort of puts me in a trance where I'm thinking about everything I was doing in my life back when I was doing her. I've done a lot of growing. Even if I could rationalize acting on those out of date emotions, I realize that if I'm not the same person I was, then no way in hell are they the women they were.

• Yup, but I can control mines, I don't let in my way.

• Why aren't you over your ex?

• We are not together because I moved away so its more difficult to get over.

What Girls Said 3

• There's this guy in my elective (but next week will be our last in that elective) and honestly I had a mini crush on him for a short bit, but I made myself get over him because he's older by two years and probably would prefer some girl his own age/grade. But he was-and still is- different from any guy I've ever met. So I don't think I'll ever NOT be unattracted to him

• Yes.I think of him at Christmastime the most because that is when I last saw him.

• Yep I sure do.

I tell myself I'm over him because I'm almost positive I'll reject him if he said he wanted to date me again. But I still think about him, so can I really say I'm over him completely? I probably won't ever be 100% over him and that's okay, since I've accepted that and can say I'm over him (even if it means 'mostly over him'). I am happy and want to date other people and want him to date others too. We still flirt but we also happily ask each other about the new people in our lives and aren't jealous.

So, it gets better. I have made huge strides in my feelings towards my ex in the past year. Focusing on yourself and your friends and your family instead of guys helps a TON.