How long do guys take to reply?

This guy I've been dating he used to take 30 min-1 hr to reply my text message in the beggining(it's been only few weeks)

but now it takes +6 hrs... sometimes he'd text within 30 min but it happens rare..

is this showing that he's not into me anymore..?

he'd carry the convo and always reply though..

if he is not interested, he'd just ignore or send short texts..right?

ugh..help :(

Thanks guys. Today again he replied after 7 hrs saying he couldn't get the last text asking what I texted. I had no time to reply that then about an hour later he called me.. I answered and told him I will call him back, then when I called back he didn't answer lol then he called me again. Maybe he has someone else too..

He brought the exclusive talk last time when we met (second date) which I responded bluntly because I wasn't ready.im hoping I can figure something when I see him next time

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm going to assume you're talking about texts sent at sometime during the day when he'd normally be awake. Not at 1AM when he'd typically be sleeping. Six hours is quite a long time to delay sending a response.

I wouldn't rule out his being interested. He might be trying too hard NOT to seem desperate (and scare you off). But still, best case scenario? He's playing a head game with you, because it only takes twenty seconds to respond to a damn text, and regardless of your job, you can find a way to make those twenty seconds in an hour or two at MOST, unless he's in a high-pressure, demanding job, like an ER surgeon.

Don't stress over it. Maybe the next time he responds after waiting six hours, tell him "Oh, good, you're still alive, I was starting to wonder".

Alternate possibility, he's in a relationship with someone else, and is trying to keep your texting to times when he can do it on the sly. It's not like it'd be hard to just go to the bathroom to respond though, so I don't think that's the case, unless he's a moron.

What Guys Said 3

• If he's not interested, he WON'T reply at all.

Leave him be, don't confine him and start dictating his reply time and speed.

• Sadly this can mean totally opposite things (excluding being busy). It either means he's not interested as much now or it means he's intentionally delaying messages to get you to to cling to him and beg for more attention.

• He's playing hard to get.

What Girls Said 2

• I met a guy once,we used to text a lot to each other in the beginning that was 3 years ago,he used to answer me every 10 to 15 min the latest 30 mins,a month ago he started to do it every hr sometimes he don't answer andhe said he is busy all the time.so I gave him space when he text me I answer back as usual and he every 10 mins.Or call me to apologize. IIf he into you there's always time except at work. Give him sometime and see what happens next,time will tell. Don't put pressure on him,he will walk away. Time!

• I know what you mean. Some guys take forever to reply back , like a few hours. It depends on the guy tho. Some take like 2 min, others forever.