Best way to play hard to get via text? (GUY POV)

1: Ignore a couple opening texts

2: Stop responding mid convo

3: Purposly wait before texting back

4: Short replies

5: Don't reply with anything that can lead into a convo

So yes any insights?

• Ignore some opening texts
  • Stop responding mid convo
  • Purposly waiting before texting back
    Vote C
  • Short replies
    Vote D
  • Answer Q's, don't give out any other info to converse
    Vote E
Select a gender to cast your vote:
URGENT: I forgot to mention the reason why I'm asking this question is because I got friend zoned hard aka "lets just be friends", so I NEED to play hard to get because "Friends" don't do that.

So yes please vote in response to escaping the friend zone, thanks.

93

Most Helpful Girl

• Didn't you ask this already? Very recently? Haha

• No? must be a different anon

• wow, me and that anon are in the same position. my fault for not using the search tool, ah well

• Haha! That's why I thought you were the same person... same age range, same exact story...

What Girls Said 8

• To be quite honest, if you were my friend and you did that to me, that would eliminate any chance that you might have already had to potentially get out of the friend zone.

• What, playing hard to get? What would you recommend then? Simply reply as normal?

• If my friend suddenly stopped texting me, I would be offended. Playing a game won't make you look very mature, or show that you care for your friend's feelings. Just do what you normally do. Be a good friend.

• Ugh playing hard to get is super lame. Nobody likes games. Yeah and no offense, but she friend zoned you so no amount of playing hard to get is gonna make her yours. Honestly unless she's interested in you she prob wouldn't even notice. Lol

• Maybe you got friended because she say a juvenille immature side to you. Now you want to play hard to get because of hurt feelings? That is so not cool.

• best tip: limit texting as much as you can, be a "I'm not a big texter" type, It shows you are looking for a real connection, and in my opinion it is more mature, call her and limit connect in general, make up for it with your dates... don't let her get bored of you and don't let her think she can have you on demand.

• Why did she friend zone you?

• "I've been talking to this other guy since mid-August and he's moving in state to make us official... we can still be friends"

It boils down to either A: I'm not good enough to consider over this guy or B: She's simply being more loyal to this guy

And yes today me and her are good friends, she texts me first alot. I just wanna get outa that friend zone though. Also I heard from a mutual friend that guy is "pushing it off" and acting weird to her about making it official... hmm :)

• And CLEARLY, for her the other guy is a better option than you. If she thought you were a better option she would have chosen to be with you. Not him

• 'I'll admit if a 8 or 9 approached me, I'd probably deny them because I'm into this girl, even if that 8/9 was compatible interests wise '

You have gotten something wrong here. You would deny them because for YOU that girl(that friend zoned you) is probably better than any other 8/9 girl. You like the one that YOU think is better. And it's not only about appearences.

• I certainly wouldn't consider this person a friend at all.

• Good! Why have the crumbs when I was aiming for the cookie? :)

• That's what society thinks. I love this girl more then ANYTHING and she knows it, yet she can't see me as anything more then a friend. Why settle for being her friend when I love her? I'm basically downgrading myself!

Also fyi, me and her have the same views on sex: waiting untill we find someone we truly love first

• @gemglam, if you want to answer the question then go to the top of the page and push preview answer.

• Don't have a conversation? Are you crazy?

• I voted c

What Guys Said 3

• how about you don't act like a friend and don't play hard to get? why would you ignore someone because you like them? that's absurd

• Men and women like being teased. Not playing hard to get. There's a difference. It's like pulling in and out between sex to get a bigger orgasm. Teasing is a flirt game that pulls in and out. Show interest then pull away.

Standing someone up. Not giving in socially. Is playing hard to get and is undesirable.

• Playing hard to get is dumb. Playing tricky to get is better. I think people that play hard to get end up with meatheads, bimbos and other insensible types, then they whine when the relationships don't work.