Why isn't he talking to me?

I met this guy and we hit it off, went out on a dinner date, and things were going well, so I asked him to my sorority's semiformal.

The night was going well, we had made out and all that, but then he was too drunk and ended up getting us kicked out. He kind of made a scene by temporarily disappearing when the cab showed up, and then on the way back he threw up and some got on me.

Clearly, not the best night, and afterward he understandably didn't text me, probably out of embarrassment. So I texted and told him he owed me an apology. He gave me a pretty sincere one, so I forgave him and even made a little joke about it to show I wasn't too mad.

However, he never responded to that text, and we haven't talked since (it's been two weeks.) What's going on? Why is he avoiding me? I think he might still be embarrassed, but I don't get why he wouldn't man up, especially if I actually forgave him.

Should I text him and say something? The only thing I'm not sure about is if I'm even still interested, because I was very put off by him that night, and I don't know how exactly to move past that if I were to pursue it. He definitely seems like a good guy otherwise, it was just a bad night for him.

Most Helpful Guy

• He's probably just not that interested.

What Guys Said 3

• I only read the first few sentences.

You're asking "Why isn't he talking to me?" and then you mention that he got drunk and kicked out of a place? Well. Seems like a mature and lively fellow. I suggest you just ignore his sorry ass.

• Lol you texted him to ask for an apology? That seems weird to me.

• He's embarrassed. You making in fun of him right after you told him to apologize didn't help either.

• I didn't make fun of him. I just thought that after everything that happened, he definitely owed me an apology. When I said I made a joke, I didn't mean I made it about him. What I said to him was that I happened to be a mess in freshman year (I didn't know my limits with alcohol very well), so I understood bad nights and that I wasn't mad at him!

• That translates into you telling him he couldn't hold his liquor. Demanding an apology from him probably portrayed you as forceful and intimidating as well.

What Girls Said 1

• If your not sure your even interesting just let it go. He threw up on you and made himself look bad, so he is most likely really embarrassed. Also if you have to ask him to apologize he doesn't seem to be well mannered. If he's ignoring you just forget it. If he wanted to hang out he would of sent you a message. If I guy wants to spend time with you he will do everything he can to do so. When people are dating in the early stages we are trying to be on our best behavior, so if this is his best behavior I would bow out. You seem like a smart girl look for a guy who doesn't get so drunk he throws up dinner on you.