23 year old girl dating an 18 year old guy...?

Ok so the guy I like and am currently dating is 18. When I first met him, he told me he was 20. But I found out he was 18 when he met my mom. He's like fresh out of high school and like graduated in June. I feel sick to my stomach because I'm like 5 years older than him and I've never dated anyone younger than me more than 3 years. It's weird...so weird and I hate being called a cougar because I'm not even 40 lol. But my mom's like don't date him because he's younger than you and he doesn't have much going on for himself and neither do you besides school. She's making me feel bad because it's like "oh you can't date him because he just graduated from high school and he just turned 18 this year". This is all new to me but I really like this guy. He loves to travel, he's creative, he's a hardworker, he's kinda weird. The only thing I'm kind of iffy about is that he wants to be a fashion designer. I don't really like fashion that much and I'd rather wear the same clothes over and over again or just wear yoga pants all day. But I want to support him and if he can make me some sweatpants to wear all day, I'd gladly support his dream of being a fashion designer. He wants to do sportswear and menswear like Adidas and Nike but instead of shoes, he wants to make the actual clothes. And it's weird because he goes shopping more so than I do but he shops for inspiration on what to sew. But Idk. Is it weird for me to date an 18 year old guy?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's perfectly 100% okay for 23 and 18 to date. You wouldn't be a "cougar" at 23, cougars are women usually 45+ who are into men his age. Five years is close enough you're the same age category anyway. After all, it's not like you're dating a 13 year old.

What Guys Said 2

• If you like him and he likes you, I don't see problem...my friend has a girl who is 4 years older then him, so age is just a number...

• It certainly isn't normal, but if he's mature and hopefully you are, perhaps you can make it work? I mean, he's not at the age he can support himself, which most 23 year old girls want?

What Girls Said 0