I'm 24 years old and he is 18 years old...is it OK for us to date? Lol

Ok so I've met this great guy. We get along so well and talk about being together all the time! The only thing really stopping us is the age difference. I'm older than him by 6 years:(. I was always one to say I would never date a younger guy and here I am in this situation

What makes it weird is that I have 22 & 20 year old bros and a 19 sister. As you can see they are all older than him! Lol we both care about each other a lot but here what I want to know..

Should I really be paying attention to the age difference? Does it even matter anymore these days? -_- lemme know what y'all think! Thx

Most Helpful Guy

• No... 100x no! You may not know this but anything over 5 years age difference is illegal in Canada or the US. Just to be safe, I am getting your IP and reporting you to the police, and they will come arrest you and put you in jail for at least 12 months.

Lol seriously though... 6 years really isn't that much. It seems like more the younger you guys are. For ex. think about a 43 and a 37 year old. Doesn't seem that weird, right? If you guys are attracted to each other, more power to you guys :) Have fun

What Guys Said 5

• It's legal, thus try it and stop if it doesn't work out.

• That is an OK age difference.

• Is it a problem for YOU?

• It's... legal!

• For me that would be weird (for me). I'd feel like I'm being a paedophile or something if I'm dating someone who is younger than all of my siblings. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it, because there isn't. He's legal. The age difference doesn't matter. I just wouldn't do it myself is all.

What Girls Said 2

• In my opinion, yes. And I seem to be answering these questions lately. I'm 18, and my boyfriend is 27. As long as you both have things and common, both care about each other, and both are willing to cooperate with one another in the relationship then why not?

• Sure, why not?