Was this text meant for someone else?

I was in the middle of having a conversation via text with my boyfriend. He says this; "I wish I could put a bow on your head because all I want for Christmas is you." Then immediately afterward, all of a sudden he says, "Heeey Beautiful." Lately I've been suspicious of him - just a feeling, along with him not wanting to have sex as much - but -

He still tells me he loves me all the time, says gushy things (but lately these have annoyed me, wondering if he's overcompensating for something), and acts like I'm the most important thing in his world. Anyway...

I texted him, "?" He ignores it, and asks me a question. Then when I don't respond for a bit he goes, "I just wanted to call you beautiful." Then I don't answer, he texts - "heeey beautiful... ?" Then he seems all nervous asking if I'm mad and stuff.

Am I wrong in thinking this text was out of place? It just seemed really out of the blue.

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends...how old is he? Ask him to his face...if he touches his face or covers his mouth ...he is lying. If he changes the subject or asks if you believe him...lying. If he gets angry and calls you crazy ...he is lying and he thinks you are close to finding out. If he raises his voice to a pitchy sqeek --then he is lying. Girl you need to get into his account and check his history of texts.. that is what I would do. If he looks at you and his tone does not change and he says something like..what? No, when would I have time? Then he is telling the truth. If he uses the word faithful or honest or any other word like it...then he is innocent. If he says...I think we need a break, then he is about to cheat and whether you agree to the break or not, he Is going to cheat.

• Things like touching your face and mouth CAN be indicators of lying, but they aren't necessarily. She can't be this sure.

What Guys Said 1

• Sound like you two are on a different wave length. Give a lot of space and don't expect him back. The text may be for you but probably not his full attention.

What Girls Said 3

• I might be wrong, but couldn't he be sending you a random 'cute' text, then saying hi? Why don't you ask him? One time I thought that with my boyfriend, and I asked him straight out, and he explained he was just being random. Tbh, its not easy making that mistake, you have to be pretty dumb ha ha especially if trying to cheat!

• It is a little strange. Maybe you should just ask him in person. Explain why text made you suspicious, and see how he reacts. If he's all nervous and weird about denying it, then you have a reason to worry. If he's genuine and earnest in explaining, maybe he really did just want to call you beautiful randomly. Seeing someone in person can really give you a feel for whether they're being honest or not. Your instincts will help too.

• He texted the wrong person...you caught him.