Should I send her this letter

OK last question about this girl, I promise. My girlfriend broke up with me 2 weeks ago. I thought things were going great, she calls me and breaks up, I completely did not expect it. I was so shocked I didn't even talk much, and she gave me a sort of a half assed explanation. Anyways I've been trying to see if she would be willing to talk to me in person, just so I could get some answers and some closure. I send her a text, and she says she is working all week, to text her next week. So I wait a week and text her, no reply. So the next day I text her again, still no reply for about an hour. So I text her again, she finally says she is at work and to stop bugging her. So I wait 4 more days and text her again. She calls me and tells me to stop sending her so many texts, and that she is super busy still. I tell her that all I want to do is talk for an hour, is that so weird. She says yes it is and that maybe she will in another week after she is not so busy, then she hangs up.

So that brings me to now. I know I should just forget about her, but she was my first girlfriend and I don't feel like I can completely move on until I can get some closure. So I end up writing down this big long speech I have been creating in my head for the last 2 weeks. It's not mean or negative at all. It just talks about how things looked from my end. How I thought things were going very well, and that I was completely not expecting her to end things. Also about how I was always honest and respected her and that at the very least she should respect me and be honest with me about why things ended. The letter ends with me still asking her to talk in person, but it's her call and that I will stop contacting her and if she wants to talk she can contact me.

I'm not sure if I should send it though. On one hand I feel like obviously she is just leading me on and will probably never talk with me. And that by sending this message at least she will know my point of view and I can get some satisfaction knowing she knows how I feel. But on the other hand sending it just drags things out more, might make her angrier, and I'll still not feel any better. And I by letter I mean like send it on FB, not an actual letter.

I don't think I am going to send it, at least for now. Anytime I have tried to make contact with her since the breakup she seems angry and annoyed. Like Jemmlove and others have said maybe she'll take more notice if she doesn't hear from me for a while. Knowing how she is acting now I don't think sending it would help anything because I doubt I'd get a response anyways right now.

What Girls Said 2

• NO! DO NOT SEND THIS LETTER.

I'm sorry, but she obviously has no interest. You keep texting her and she doesn't reply. You have too get the hint. It's better to just be the bigger man and move on quietly than to go shouting about all these feelings and how you done this and that. I can guarantee she will only read it roll her eyes and bin it.

I know this sounds harsh but I am going through the exact same thing as you except I'm the girl. My ex keeps constantly talking too me, contacting me and do you know, see if he ignored me completely and moved on with his life I'd probably take more notice and be like oh?

You sound really sweet and I know you think you need closure but you're young and this is only a small blip in your life.

• I think it's great to express how you feel, you may regret not doing it... if she reacts badly, at least you tried and you can be content knowing that... you won't be thinking "what if?".

What Guys Said 0