Guys, do you also text while you drive?

Or is it just girls. I don't see many guys texting while driving so I'm just wondering.

• Yes, I sometimes text while driving
  • No, I never text while driving

Most Helpful Guy

• at stop lights and if it is absolutely necessary to I'll pull over. But science has shown it drops your reaction time by seconds... Next time you're walking close your eyes for 5 seconds and see how scary it is. Then imagine you're driving 60mph in a 5 ton object.

After my friends grandmom killed by a driver texting at 50mph didn't see a stop sign and broad sided her car, I realized I had to change my habits... I couldn't live knowing I injured anyone

What Guys Said 11

• Survey about this topic says girls do it more often:

link

• I hate texting in the first place, I want to hear the persons voice when I talk to them. But to answer your question NO I do not text and drive.

• Never, it's really bad. And ya, girls do it a lot more than guys. Women are worse drivers in general tbh. This doesn't help, but women do have worse depth perception than men. Tis evolution. So stop doing stupid things WHILE driving. Just cause you can multitask well means you should while driving.

• I don't text much at all to begin with especially when I'm driving heck I don't talk on the phone while I'm driving. I' like to focus on the task at hand which to get to my destination safely

• People who have voice activated texting probably will and I've been known to text (I don't have voice activated texting) while driving. I'm a relatively good texter-driver but I know I shouldn't..in fact, it's a law here in Ohio, saying you can't do it

• I have but it's not something I do very often.

• I will never text while the car is moving. I don't even respond to phone calls when I am driving .

• I can't stand texting much, so I don't like to do it while driving, nor talking on the phone.

• i just crashed my car because I was reading a text while driving. it only takes one second, literally..

• "hell to the no!"

I've seen some of the trauma patients in the hospitals D:

• no because we're smart enough to know whatever it is, it can wait.

What Girls Said 4

• I've seen more guys do it then girls. I take offence of your generalization of "is it only girls that do?". I NEVER HAVE and NEVER WILL. car accidents because of stupidity like that has taken too many lives of people I car about. That's how my oldest kids father died, because someone hit him while neglecting his responsibility to be a safe driver. Now my kids have too pay for his wrong decisions, they will never know their father. He died two months before I gave, now they have to pay for that mans mistake. My children's father didn't come out of that crash alive, but yet the person who caused the crash had just a broken leg, in my honest opinion that isn't fair!

I will never do it because when I do drive I have my five kids in the car with me, I will not chance losing them because I wanted to see a text; never going to happen, I love them more then that. If something happens and I lost them because I neglected my responsibility as a safe driver it would destroy me.

• I don't text much at all... but I don't really drive either. Even if I drove regularly, I'd never text while driving.

• Most guys don't text too much to begin with. Us women like to respond to something very quickly. Especially if the convo is good lol. Guys usually have no problem responding an hour later to something. So I think that is why they don't do it.

• i don't text while I drive...hell I hardly text at all!