Girls do you text while you drive?

I've Heard it dangerous but how many people actually do?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'll admit, I do it every once in a while.

I have an old school phone, without any touch screen which makes it easier to text without looking at the phone. Since I can write with only one hand (right or left to suit the occasion) without ever looking at my cell phone, my eyes are not leaving the road at all. It's like one of my hands was resting on the shift, so I think it's not as dangerous as if you're actually looking at what you're writing. I know it can still be dangerous on different situations though, which is why I take extra precautions [never on a road I don't know, never on the highway, never when it's dark/raining/snowing and so on]

I'll be switching for a smartphone at the end of the month, so texting while driving will no longer happen :) I know I won't be able to text on a touch screen without looking at it, which is why I will stop doing so !

I don't answer the phone while I'm driving though.

What Guys Said 10

• I see people do it, but living in Michigan, I see a lot of insane drivers doing really dangerous things. Recently, I saw a woman trying to steer with her knees because she had a cell phone in one hand, and coffee in the other.

From this guy's perspective, I will only check texts at a red light. I have a Bluetooth headset for calls, and use a voice activated menu, but even then, I don't tend to use it until I am at a red light or I can pull over.

• guilty :( But I'm a very good driver and try to avoid it as much as I can. Do I still do it on occasion though? yes. But I'm very slow and careful about it.

Stupid I know. Its hard to feel the need to stop though because I feel like I've never done it dangerously. But I guess there's a first time for everything.. One mistake and I'm in an accident.

• I don't text while driving. If something is so important that I have to say it immediately, I'll pull off and park. Otherwise, they can wait.

Just because someone texts me does not mean I owe them an immediate response!

• Survey about this topic:

link

• I do sometimes but yeah sometimes I scare myself.

• men and women shouldn't other than that it is dangerous to text and drive, but I don't want them to be used as an example in some commercial, like the one with a fat chick holding up a sign on what her homegirl texted her before she flipped her car onto some cliff or some sh*t.

• Drivers attentin falls quickly during texting and this also endagers other drivers on the road.

Texting whilst driving is dangerous and selfish attitude

I've witnessed accidents of this type and they were pretty horrific ones

• Unless I'm texting to figure out where/when to meet someone, I don't text. Shit's stupid, son

• Is it dangerous? Sure.

I do it all the time. And I've had several pretty close calls, haha.

• I saw a couple girls do that while I was driving to school

What Girls Said 17

• i have to admit...yes. but only when there's such a slow person in front of me that I could not ever do anything wrong. I'm a careful driver, so when I text and drive, which I am really trying not to ever do, then you can rest assured it will NOT put you in danger. and I only did it once or twice in 2 years, so...ok, I should stop altogether

• Nope.

• It is illegal to text while driving in Canada, it is good indicator the real dangers of texting and driving.

• I personally don't, because I've seen too many of those commercials warning against it. I know that my best guy friend does though, and it gets me that he does.

• yes I do sometimes when it is very urgent otherwise no...

• What urgencies you have to attend to risk your life? Is it worth it?

• my only urgency is my boyfriend... he is a acumbag I just text him back about my where abouts that's it

• No way, I ain't looking to kill someone or myself. I keep my phone in my bag which is always in the backseat. Plus I took the Oprah pledge lol

• No, I'm not taking my eyes off the road for a simple text.

I have though, seen other people do it. It's sad and they don't know what they're in for till it ACTUALLY happens to them.

• Hell no. That sh*t is dangerous.

• I only do when I'm at a red light.

• No, it's so stupid. It should be illegal.

• No. cause I value my life and other drivers' more than any words I have to say... and that message will still be there and whoever calls will have to wait until I get home.

• Right. Half the texts most people get aren't even all that important or meaningful anyway

• Exactly! It can wait. No text is worth risking your life or someone else's.

• I don't text while driving. I may change my music on my ipod which is very quickly. But I never text and drive.

• only at red lights. and its usually just a few words like 'be there soon.' not proud of this habit, stupid way to hurt innocent people.

• I don't drive, and I feel bad for walking and texting. I see a lot of peopling do it though.

• No, I suggest people to avoid texting while driving.

• Never!

• Not while I'm actually driving, no. Sometimes I'll write a short message while I'm stopped at a light, but I immediately put it down when it turns green.

Truthfully, nothing is THAT important that it can't wait until I'm stopped or parked.