Accident while texting and driving?

Yes or No. Was it awful or not severe? Still curious about it.

Most Helpful Guy

• never have, but I RARELY text while driving.

My friend's grandmom was killed by a a driver who was texting, went through a stop sign at 50mph and slammed into her driver side door. she died instantly. Getting a little teary just writing it.

... please don't text and drive!

What Guys Said 7

• txting and driving is stupid.

you are using a phone, if you need to communicate with someone, call them!

i don't know why women don't understand this. if I get a text while I drive and don't want to wait to respond, ill just call the person. guys have no problem with this, girls however, seem to get taken by surprise when I call them to respond to a txt.

taking on the phone, a lost art!

• Talking on the phone while driving can be just as distracting.

• She said CAN be. I know plenty of people who can barely drive when all their attention is on the road, and god help them if they start talking on the phone while driving. I can talk and drive just fine, as I'm sure you and many others can too.

• Oh thanks. I don't even use my cell phone in any way while driving, if someone calls me I'll just call them back when I park the car.

I can talk and drive just fine, to another person in the car. If someone really has to make phone calls while driving, they should invest in a bluetooth thing or something else hands-free so they can keep both hands on the wheel.

There are so many people who are just dangerous drivers even when they are completely sober and not using a phone or whatnot.

• Hands free speaker phone while driving. You can also sing to them! Looking down to text will kill you.

• have you ever attended the scene of an accident. if you had you would never even consider texting and driving. I had to once this one guy was drunk and walked out onto a main road where a truck going at 50 mph hit him. they were litterly picking bits of him up with a shovel. the point is and car/van/truck is capable of killing people at speeds of as little as 30 miles an hour. consider that the next time you are thinking about texting and driving

• what's your job? My friend recently dealt with something similar at work...guy's head was barely hanging on and squished, eyes were missing, shattered bones all over the place...sorry to sound so gruesome, but truth is most people don't realize how fragile we really are and that in the end were nothing more than just another sack of meat.

• at the time I was working security on a job the job I was on just happened to be near a main road. this one guy with bad English came up in a panic and I went down with him I have never seen anything like it before or since. I think everyone should attend the scene of an accident at least once to help them realize what happens when mistakes are made

• I sprained my thumb once whilst texting: My fingers are too big for most phones :P

And driving? Not only do I not know how to drive, but why in the buggery would I text whilst driving? D:

• No accidents but I do it now and then.

• i don't know why people still do it. I look around when I drive and 75% of people are either talking or texting. first of all, they don't give a sh*t about other drivers. and second of all they don't give a sh*t about their lives.

• No because I know better than to do it

What Girls Said 4

• I'm not really sure what your asking... Are you asking if people are ageist it, admitting to it, asking if we have or a general question?

• Sorry, I meant if you've been in an accident because of texting and driving.

• oh.. I haven't really been while driving in anything buy a really insegnifigent car bump (with like maybe a scratch).. I personally only text at red lights.. I figure that isn't so bad my car's stopped and not moving.. I feel like most people probably legitamise what I'm saying

• Not from texting , but when I was a brand new driver...i got into an accident cause I was putting on lip gloss and checking out myself...

• good, you deserved it.

• Yep I did, should not have been doing that while driving...definitely learned from it...never been in an accident since that ...but I will say no one deserves to die in car accidents though

• It is awful. Some people may die in the accidents. So please avoid texting while driving.

• I once wrote a paper in high school about texting and driving. After doing the research on it, I will never ever text and drive. It is so much worse than driving drunk, and I wouldn't even do that.