Does astrology matter in dating?

im a believer in astrology and wondered if any couples went against who their sign said would be a good match?i like this guy but our signs supposedly don't match.i don't take it so seriously that I would count someone out because out it though.

Most Helpful Guy

• No it shouldn't... astrologers themselves don't even believe in horoscopes the same way some people do. If they did matter then hows that work for people when their horoscopes were changed... the idea that the stars control our destiny is bull.

Basically they don't work in the way you think they do... what the horoscope was based on is the position fo the sun and the planets as they are moving through the sky and the consolations are given names as an easier way to remember the stars. The astrology signs that people base their ideas on have been around for 2000 years, since then the stars have even shifted over this time... which is why we had to reform the calendar at 1580. In fact all the consolations have shifted so you're horoscope isn't quite the one you expect.

So no I don't take it into account at all

• its so right though about most things about myself that it has to be more then just coinidence, and about most people that I know

• Lol are you referring more to horoscopes themselves? I don't go by horoscopes but I do enjoy the sun profiles.

• @ are you asking me or the QA?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• Lol. I don't abide by it or follow horoscopes but I do usually like sun profiles.Further, look up moon, rising, and venus zodiacs. Most sites stick with sun signs but in reality you're a compilation of many. Moon amd Venus are said to have more romance tie. I only look at sun profiling. Either way, I don't directly follow it. I do like it when our signs match up...tiny bit of added security knowing the stars seem to be in our favor if there is any correlation.

• It doesn't matter to me at all. But I honestly do check out compatibility when I know the birthday/sign of the guy I'm into at the time just for fun so I can make a joke about it with him, like if it says we're sexually compatible or something.

• I don't believe in horoscopes but I like reading about astrology and the signs. Do I believe everything? No but I do enjoy to read it

• hahah, I thought I was the only one! I totally am serious about that stuff too. I'm a sagittarius and my recent ex was a cancer. after 9 months we broke it off. cancers can be standoffish and kind of cold. So I learned my lesson. I won't ever go out with a sign that isn't a good match.

• im a capricorn and he's a leo and were not supposed to mesh well. we get along so perfectly though as friends, but I want something more.

• so id go for it then.